MWC Completely Caved In | The Boneyard

MWC Completely Caved In

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Boise gets their own TV deal (home games sold seperatley, MWC gets the revenue) and the right to wear all blue in home games. Expect BYU to come back soon with their own TV deal as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
congrats to espn!

haw(stmary), sdsu, sj, fresno, unlv, unr, bsu, byu, usu
nm, cst, (zaga), wy, uh, smu, tulsa, ?, ?

this is my guess. either stop at 16 and split utah schools or go 18 and utep/latech types

Reaction Score
Brian Murphy (@murphsturph)
12/31/12, 3:42 PM
It doesn't sound like Boise State gets to negotiate its own TV deal. But BSU home games will be packaged separately.

Reaction Score
congrats to espn!

haw(stmary), sdsu, sj, fresno, unlv, unr, bsu, byu, usu
nm, cst, (zaga), wy, uh, smu, tulsa, ?, ?

this is my guess. either stop at 16 and split utah schools or go 18 and utep/latech types

Why do you keep saying this? I thought the MWC rights belonged to CBS?

Reaction Score
Boise would be crazy not taking that deal. MWC gave in. What kind of conference will they be? I will laugh when Peterson is gone and Boise tanks while still having their own TV deal. I wonder how rest of the conference would feel. I expect BYU to get the same deal. Good thing BE did not go for this deal. Good luck Boise! You were never a fit for the BE and now it is official.

Reaction Score
ESPN does seem to be rejoicing ... at least that's what I read. (and they let the guy go for like 50 paragraphs)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why do you keep saying this? I thought the MWC rights belonged to CBS?

they do. cbs like 2 weeks ago redid the contract with the mwc so they could add another company into the fold for some inventory aka espn can kill off the big east even more. they or another one like fox can buy some inventory to help the mwc contract where bsu and crew see it as a good enough home over the big east.

espn wants the big east to be the c7 plus others like dayton/but/xav and crew. they are slowly getting there.

Reaction Score
Pretty much eh?

sdutzeigler 5:59pm via web
Boise State also negotiated a clause where BCS bowl profits will be split 50/50 between the school and the MW, not evenly among membership.

sdutzeigler 5:58pm via web
The new MW football TV deal: Each school gets $300k for appearing on ESPN, ESPN2, CBS, NBC or Fox, plus another $200k if on a Saturday.

Reaction Score
Pretty much eh?

sdutzeigler 5:59pm via web
Boise State also negotiated a clause where BCS bowl profits will be split 50/50 between the school and the MW, not evenly among membership.

sdutzeigler 5:58pm via web
The new MW football TV deal: Each school gets $300k for appearing on ESPN, ESPN2, CBS, NBC or Fox, plus another $200k if on a Saturday.

it's no surprise they are not joining the New New New New New New Big East with a sweetheart deal like that. Both of those tweets indicate huge advantages for Boise State in the MWC. Add that to their own personal television contract, sheesh.

Reaction Score
Why would SDSU, Houston and SMU prefer that to NBE? They shouldn't sign up to be second class citizens to Boise. They all have more potential, history and markets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly that is chicken feed. If you got 7 home games on Saturdays broadcast it's 3.5 million. Aresco couldn't do better than that? Half the BCS money - y'all aren't getting invited past 2013.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought the right to wear all blue would have been the sticking point

It actually is a big deal to them. Any league that gives a about competition wouldn't allow it.

Reaction Score
It actually is a big deal to them. Any league that gives a **** about competition wouldn't allow it.
i think this is an overreaction. Does the NFL not give a hoot about competition because the Cowboys wear white at home?

Edit: Never mind friggin camouflage is right

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i think this is an overreaction. Does the NFL not give a hoot about competition because the Cowboys wear white at home?

Does Dallas play on a white field? Clearly it was something they felt the need to negotiate - if it didn't matter why would they?

Reaction Score
Does Dallas play on a white field? Clearly it was something they felt the need to negotiate - if it didn't matter why would they?

already edited my post. i forgot some nut job actually decided to make a football field blue.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Central Arkansas has a purple field and Eastern Washington has a red field. :rolleyes:
That Red Field is insane to watch a game on. I watched the FCS playoff game they were in this year and it was rough on the eyes. I can handle Boise's field....that red field not so much!

wdn89men5923ddrh.jpg

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
There's only one insult left to bear: the announcement that Providence is getting more from their new Catholic Contract than UConn basketball is getting per annum under their new contract.

Reaction Score
Key components of MWC/Boise sweetheart deal here.

One highlight: The Mountain West will extend an option to San Diego State to join the league before offering membership to any other institution. The right of first option to San Diego State shall expire on Jan. 21, 2013

I sure hope we don't lose SDSU - was looking forward to meeting them ;)

SDSU.jpg

Reaction Score

Edit: Never mind friggin camouflage is right

Michigan State has been playing Green on Green for years :)

Reaction Score
@DanWolken: FWIW, in discussing with Big East-connected people this week, there was simply no way the league would agree to similar terms, end of story

@DanWolken: RT @murphsturph: Mountain West to offer San Diego St membership before any other school, per Boise St agreement: http://post original url/cLSX4WoR

@DanWolken: Most of the MWC schools (Utah St, SJSU, CSU, Wyo, Nevada, Hawaii) had no choice but to agree with this or end up back with Idaho and NMSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104