MVP | The Boneyard

MVP

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was just sitting here thinking about the team, and wondering if Caroline was going to make an appearance tonight. Geno has said "close" the last couple of weeks, yet she is still not back. Azzi, no indication as of now. So, it got to me thinking, who is the MVP of this years team? Even if Caroline and Azzi come back, our MVP would have to be one of the 5 kids that are playing now, keeping us above water and keeping us in the NC picture.
Could be Nika- We know how our offence becomes stagnant when she is not on the floor, hence her playing 36-40 minutes a game. She sets the tone for what we want to do.
Could be AE- This girl is having an All-American season, and without her defense, as well as her scoring and rebounding, we would be lost.
Could be Aubrey- The X factor in my opinion, as coming back from back surgery we didn't know how much she would be able to contribute. Wow, has she.
Could be Lou- With her being the only 3 pt threat that we have had most of the season, Lou has stepped up bigtime. If not for her, we would not have beaten Tennessee, and would have lost to SC by more than the final 4 point final difference.
Could be Dorka- Dorka is having her best season, getting numerous double doubles. I believe she is our leading rebounder this year, and she is having a great scoring season. We need her and AE together on the floor to keep our opponents big guys nutralized.

So, this is what we have. In my opinion, we cannot lose any of these kids, and the MVP award should be shared by all 5. This is a special bunch of kids, and to do what they have done this year is unbelievable. They are all valuable, but if anyone has their favorite as the leader, give us your view. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
I was just sitting here thinking about the team, and wondering if Caroline was going to make an appearance tonight. Geno has said "close" the last couple of weeks, yet she is still not back. Azzi, no indication as of now. So, it got to me thinking, who is the MVP of this years team? Even if Caroline and Azzi come back, our MVP would have to be one of the 5 kids that are playing now, keeping us above water and keeping us in the NC picture.
Could be Nika- We know how our offence becomes stagnant when she is not on the floor, hence her playing 36-40 minutes a game. She sets the tone for what we want to do.
Could be AE- This girl is having an All-American season, and without her defense, as well as her scoring and rebounding, we would be lost.
Could be Aubrey- The X factor in my opinion, as coming back from back surgery we didn't know how much she would be able to contribute. Wow, has she.
Could be Lou- With her being the only 3 pt threat that we have had most of the season, Lou has stepped up bigtime. If not for her, we would not have beaten Tennessee, and would have lost to SC by more than the final 4 point final difference.
Could be Dorka- Dorka is having her best season, getting numerous double doubles. I believe she is our leading rebounder this year, and she is having a great scoring season. We need her and AE together on the floor to keep our opponents big guys nutralized.

So, this is what we have. In my opinion, we cannot lose any of these kids, and the MVP award should be shared by all 5. This is a special bunch of kids, and to do what they have done this year is unbelievable. They are all valuable, but if anyone has their favorite as the leader, give us your view. Go Huskies.
I think we have to wait until the year is over. A case can be made for each starter, for sure. But someone, perhaps, will " rise up" in our biggest game of the year.

Reaction Score
I think there is only one player who is getting some All American mention and that is Aaliyah, so if there was a vote on this kind of thing she would get it IMO, but as Bald Huskie has pointed out, a good case for the other starters can certainly be made.

Reaction Score
I'm going with NALDA, that's Nika, Aalyiah, Lou, Dorka, Aubrey.:D
If someone had suggested before the season started that this starting five, with the three bench players, would be ranked #4 and would come close beating SC- I would have said that they were nuts

The improvement over last year by Nike, Dorka, and Aalyiah has been remarkable: Aubrey, out of the clouds like a gift from God; And, the only thing that I knew about Fairfield was that it had a lot of rich people- great women's basketball players, not so much.

Reaction Score
I'm going with NALDA, that's Nika, Aalyiah, Lou, Dorka, Aubrey.:D
I'm just saying, it might also be Caroline or Azzi by the time the season is "said and done." Unless the parameter is; select only from the current starting five.....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm just saying, it might also be Caroline or Azzi by the time the season is "said and done." Unless the parameter is; select only from the current starting five.....
I don't think that there are enough games for them to win it. Don't they vote on it before the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
The person who elevated her game the most this season in my opinion is Edwards. She is a force on offense and the person who keeps teams out of the lane on defense. She also happens to be the only player I have seen in the country that has any chance of containing Boston which in itself makes her an MVP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom