Must seize this moment... | The Boneyard

Must seize this moment...

Reaction Score
All you want is a team and a coach in position with the talent and capability in this situation which we have but we have to have a good shooting night. No matter what we can bring defensive intensity and board domination into play just in case we don’t have that kind of shooting and be competitive in the game. Hurley talked about help defense on Timme but then we’re vulnerable on 3’s. Are they on or off? Example, Texas just shot nearly 60% from 3 to torch Xavier, nobody does that every game. Hurley seems pretty cool, collected and locked in as a coach right now. We can’t be in better hands but he doesn’t control everything on the court.

Reaction Score
At this stage, be prepared and play 40 minutes of basketball while making the proper adjustments quickly.

Reaction Score
I think no matter what, tonight is gonna be a great game between what I believe are the two best teams remaining in the field. Should be high scoring, plenty of threes, end to end stuff. For our sake just gotta hope that Gonzaga's threes don't fall at a high clip because we do have a tendency to give up open threes no matter how tough we play a defensive possession.

May the best team win

In Hurley we trust

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
748499871fc110bb61280d957793ef6a.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am terrified. We are so close, I can smell it. To fall short now would be excruciating
Eh, it's not like we're in the title game against Florida Atlantic. Gonzaga is very good and very resilient, Texas looks utterly dominant, Creighton has been our kryptonite since rejoining the Big East... I'd say we're now facing the real tests after holding serve and impressively taking care of business against teams we should have beaten. At least the next two games will be against very good teams that could beat us, and we've hit the wall in Elite Eights before. But we have four titles in the bank, and that's a hell of a baseline to be playing from.

Reaction Score
Creighton can beat us. Just saying.
It would be kind of sweet to beat them in the final. The rubbermatch after splitting the two games this season. Not as much fun as it would have been to vanquish Xavier though.

Reaction Score
I think no matter what, tonight is gonna be a great game between what I believe are the two best teams remaining in the field. Should be high scoring, plenty of threes, end to end stuff. For our sake just gotta hope that Gonzaga's threes don't fall at a high clip because we do have a tendency to give up open threes no matter how tough we play a defensive possession.

May the best team win

In Hurley we trust
Keep in mind we have one of the best 3pt defenses in the country. Usually, when a guy has an open 3 vs us, it’s because we don’t mind it because it’s one of their worse 3pt shooters

Reaction Score
Keep in mind we have one of the best 3pt defenses in the country. Usually, when a guy has an open 3 vs us, it’s because we don’t mind it because it’s one of their worse 3pt shooters
I may be getting too drunk during these games.
But thanks for pointing that strategic move out to me
Hopefully Timme is left open from deep

Reaction Score
Everything you all are saying is true. BUT my heart isn’t logical. If we lose I’d be crushed. I want it so bad now

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to worry that we may be offending the mojo gods.

Posts gushing with hubris? We don't need these.

Posts conceding that we'd be pleased regardless of outcome? These afre every bit as dangerous.

There's only one thing to say:
Doomed-2.jpg

Reaction Score
Nah. I want it, but if we lose tonight I’ll look back a month from now, recognize a missed opportunity, but still be more than satisfied.

I was mocked for saying the tournament, especially this year, is a crapshoot.
Agreed. Want the win badly obviously, but just to get back to this level makes this season a huge success in my eyes.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
It would be kind of sweet to beat them in the final. The rubbermatch after splitting the two games this season. Not as much fun as it would have been to vanquish Xavier though.
I feel like some of our advantage in the out of conference has been these other teams not knowing what to expect in terms of Adamas physical strength and Andres testosterone levels. So I am not really hoping for any kind of rubbermatch with Creighton and I would have been a bit nervous to go back and play Xavier. (not that Texas looks like a better option)

Reaction Score
Texas is scary good , they blitzed Xavier and play great defense , It is a rough road ahead my friends, We can do it but we need to play well, I don't remember when we had a game as big as this one .

Reaction Score
Texas is scary good , they blitzed Xavier and play great defense , It is a rough road ahead my friends, We can do it but we need to play well, I don't remember when we had a game as big as this one .
Can't play them in Texas. Need them to lose.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The three most recent posts are terrible mojo.

Smarten up people

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom