Must Get 2027 recruit? | The Boneyard

Must Get 2027 recruit?

Reaction Score
Gonna have to build some bridges with Ricky before RJ can be a target -if interested. Maybe Coach Moore and Calhoun can help
Do they not have a good relationship? I thought he left amicably

Reaction Score
Didn't like the way the KO thing went down. Had a convo with him at Lucky Taco

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
And Sammy Funches Jr is a top 40 composite recruit in the class of 2026. Haven't heard us connected to him, and his dad left the program after just two years (and right before our first championship).

He's got a long list of offers: Sam Funches 2026 Center

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I can see how Ricky would have an issue with the KO situation. Don’t recall seeing him around very much since that all happened.

I mean think about the things he did compared to what was really happening. The NCAA was just picking and choosing what to enforce at the time. Stars were getting paid everyone knew they were and then having a recruit meet with Ray Allen was so bad……everything about NCAA rules enforcement was a joke during that time period.

Calhoun and the NCAA did not have a great relationship. JC was a basketball coach not a mouth piece so he had a harder time playing make believe than the squid or some of the other coaches like Roy Williams and even Coach K.

The KO situation was avoidable and he beat the school in court. But the general reason he won in court is well documented. We are lucky it has not hurt us more than it did.

Bad mojo for the team and it did not really go away until the case was settled. Settled in September 2022 and we know what happened in the 2022-2023 season.

Just my opinion….I may not have all the inside information but without it seemed like it was all about the money and not about the truth…..because the truth was every school was cheating in that time frame. To be clear, I was all in on firing him at the time. He was lost as a coach and the day we hired Hurley was one of the happiest days of my time as a UConn fan.

Just knew he was the right guy, called my son and said I think we are back with this new coach. Took a few years but here we are. Best program in the country not just competing making history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom