Rudy Tomjanovich
Barbara Stevens
Kim Mulkey
Tamika Catchings
Eddie Sutton

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. Just some mammoth names in the history of our sport there.

If and when the ceremony happens, it'll surely carry a very somber pall as a de facto memorial to Kobe.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
'Mulkey remains the only individual to win a national championship as a player, assistant coach and head coach. A point guard for the Lady Techsters, Mulkey won back-to-back national championships for Louisiana Tech with an AIAW title in 1981, followed by the inaugural NCAA Championship in 1982.'

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
as a question for the BY, which UConn players will next get the Nod after Lobo?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Swin was on the list of nominees for this year. Then, Diana or Sue, if they ever retire.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Good question.

Swin retired in 2016 and was listed as eligible this year -- but I'm not sure of her prospects or how long it would take to get her in.

It may end up coming down to who retires first between Taurasi and Bird. Both are absolute locks.

Reaction Score
Eligibility is after 3 full years without playing. Swin may take a while to get the votes. I say Sue and then D depending on the order of eligibility. Greatest point guard ever and greatest player ever in the history of women's basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kim and Catch, 2 of the most competitive ever.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Eligibility is after 3 full years without playing. Swin may take a while to get the votes. I say Sue and then D depending on the order of eligibility. Greatest point guard ever and greatest player ever in the history of women's basketball.
From the Naismith HOF website:

"Player: A player must be fully retired for four full seasons before being eligible for Enshrinement. He/she may then be considered for Enshrinement in the fifth year of retirement. Should a player come out of retirement for a short period of time, as defined by the BHOF, his/her case and eligibility for Enshrinement shall be reviewed on an individual basis."

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As I look over the list, I am reminded of the old Sesame Street skit/song of "Which one of these things doesn't belong with the others" One is egregiously sticking out as not worthy of the HOF....

Reaction Score

"Player: A player must be fully retired for four full seasons before being eligible for Enshrinement. He/she may then be considered for Enshrinement in the fifth year of retirement. Should a player come out of retirement for a short period of time, as defined by the BHOF, his/her case and eligibility for Enshrinement shall be reviewed on an individual basis."

Thank you for the correction. Bad information on the internet.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the correction. Bad information on the internet.

Sorry I take that back. I just went onto the Naismith site. In November 2017, it was changed to 3 full years after last played or coached. Explains why Swin was a nominee. I hope that is correct.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sorry I take that back. I just went onto the Naismith site. In November 2017, it was changed to 3 full years after last played or coached. Explains why Swin was a nominee. I hope that is correct.
That is strange that I was able to pull up the outdated information on the NHOF's own site.

This press release marks the change from 4 to 3 years:

Reaction Score
Mulkey has been deserving for a while. Her overall wins in college (player+assistant coach+head coach) and her many National championships from each role will probably never be equaled and depending how long she coaches (since she's only 57), her total wns may never be surpassed. She knows how to win.

Reaction Score
Agree Kim is deserving. But she just got to 600 wins in the middle of February, didn't she? So she has 600 and change. She would have to coach til she was 70 (13 more years), AND average 38 wins per year, to get to Pat's current 1098 record, which is likely to be exceeded next year by both Geno and Tara.
I said "TOTAL" college wins. She was 130-6 as a player at La tech with 2 NCs, 430-68 as an assistant coach with 1 NC at La Tech, and is now 604-100 and counting as a head coach with 3 NCs at Baylor. So that's 1164 college wins by the age of 57 with an overall 86.9% winning record. That's what I meant.

Reaction Score

EUxsSFMUEAEfkkm

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mulkey was a tremendous player. She was Sue Bird before Sue Bird.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom