Mulkey and Muffet take swipes? | The Boneyard

Mulkey and Muffet take swipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Malkey said several times that there were no off court issues with this years team. Given BG's tell all, was that a swipe at her?

Muffet said several times the Huskies couldn't fit ND on their schedule. I thought Geno wanted to play an ND was reluctant to do it. Was that a swipe at Geno?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The series will resume next year because ND couldn't fit UConn into their schedule. There were no open spots because of their ACC schedule. Geno and UConn do not avoid any team that's willing to play them. UConn lost the first three against ND by less than they won against them in the semis.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Muffet said several times the Huskies couldn't fit ND on their schedule. I thought Geno wanted to play an ND was reluctant to do it. Was that a swipe at Geno?

Of course Muffet's comment was a swipe at Geno and UConn. She's been doing that since losing in the FF last year. Those who know her aren't surprised.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Notre Dame had two chances to win a NC, in my opinion...in 2011 against A&M, and last year, had they gotten past UConn and faced Louisville. It must just eat at her that they can't get over the hump.

Reaction Score
The series will resume next year because ND couldn't fit UConn into their schedule. There were no open spots because of their ACC schedule. Geno and UConn do not avoid any team that's willing to play them. UConn lost the first three against ND by less than they won against them in the semis.
That difference in point spreads was what Geno was talking about when he said nd would not beat UCONN. nd has won games against UCONN over the past few years but they have not beaten UCONN. UCONN beat nd in the semi last year and those players who were in the game know that.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame had two chances to win a NC, in my opinion...in 2011 against A&M, and last year, had they gotten past UConn and faced Louisville. It must just eat at her that they can't get over the hump.
That is the difference in taking it to another level. Muffet can't do that.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I don't know....ND will be pretty good the next few years. Recruitment seems to have stepped up exponentially. Maybe they'll eek one out...but I don't think this is their year.

Reaction Score
People forget that at least two of their losses to Notre Dame was less Notre Dame winning than uncharacteristically UConn losing. Then you must remember that McBride three point shot that clanged off the rim and bounced around and finally sank to send the game into overtime (or was it a second overtime?). That was after UConn missed a slew of foul shots (I'm sure Notre Dame played wonderful defense at the foul line) at the end of the game which gave Notre Dame the chance to tie the score. You would think that Notre Dame had buried the Huskies in those three games. I know a loss is a loss but give me a break!

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that it was ND who left the conference, not UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom