Much better defense | The Boneyard

Much better defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is the staple
When you play defense --you stay in games.

Its kind of shocking that we can put up 90-70+ on OKC St and Oregon yet against BU Wagner and NE we cant score?

Adams Purvis and Jackson were a combined 5-29--theyll do much better than that even against better teams.

As long as we can hold our end on defense get the rebound and take good shots--we can be in games. If all the guards getting going and we get that D--well win more than we lose.

Reaction Score
That is the staple
When you play defense --you stay in games.

Its kind of shocking that we can put up 90-70+ on OKC St and Oregon yet against BU Wagner and NE we cant score?

Adams Purvis and Jackson were a combined 5-29--theyll do much better than that even against better teams.

As long as we can hold our end on defense get the rebound and take good shots--we can be in games. If all the guards getting going and we get that D--well win more than we lose.
Yes, the D was good but the offense is putrid to say the least. Pretty easy to understand that we struggle against zone defenses especially since we don't have any really consistent outside shooter. CV is developing but he is still misses quite a few outside. Expect to see more zone especially against teams in our conference.

Reaction Score
BU shot 3-19 from 3 and turned the ball over 16 times (most of which were not due to pressure or great defense that I saw). A career 38% 3-point shooter went 0-5, a guy shooting 42% coming in went 1-5, and another guy shooting 41% went 1-5. They make their averages we lose by 10.

Reaction Score
BU shot 3-19 from 3 and turned the ball over 16 times (most of which were not due to pressure or great defense that I saw). A career 38% 3-point shooter went 0-5, a guy shooting 42% coming in went 1-5, and another guy shooting 41% went 1-5. They make their averages we lose by 10.
They didn't shoot well because our perimeter defense was very good tonight

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It goes the other way, too. If our guys don't miss a million point-blank shots and FTs we win by 20. Our guys turned the ball over on 3 consecutive possessions by throwing it right to BU players, completely unforced. Keystone Kops.

I agree that our D was not that special. With how bad BU played, we should've smoked them, mediocre as our team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom