Mt. Rushmore Poll | The Boneyard

Mt. Rushmore Poll

Which players belong on the Mt. Rushmore of men’s hoops?

• Wes Bialosuknia

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Cliff Robinson

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Chris Smith

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Donyell Marshall

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Ray Allen

Votes: 102 68.5%
  • Caron Butler

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Emeka Okafor

Votes: 105 70.5%
  • Ben Gordon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudy Gay

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kemba Walker

Votes: 142 95.3%
  • Shabazz Napier

Votes: 77 51.7%
  • Rip Hamilton

Votes: 101 67.8%
  • Khalid El-Amin

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Art Quimby

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Corny Thompson

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Saw this debate in another thread. Pick your four and let’s see what the numbers say

Reaction Score
Did Tate get delisted for posthumous misbehavior? Kind of like Pete Rose? Where would we all be without Tate?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Did Tate get delisted for posthumous misbehavior? Kind of like Pete Rose? Where would we all be without Tate?
Just ran out of availability, had to draw the line somewhere

Reaction Score
Just ran out of availability, had to draw the line somewhere
Fair enough. He wouldn't be in my top 4 anyway. But it does beg the question, where would we be now without Tate?

Reaction Score
Man...that is some list. So many more who could be on it. My favorite not on the list? Jeff Carr. Could not jump over a Sunday newspaper....tough as nails. Fought for every board.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Tate belongs in the Hall of Greatest Plays. Which might be another poll that will take us all on a stroll down memory lane.

Also we'd have to put Scott in there too. The play doesn't happen without an All-State quarterback to throw the pass.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Haven't we already done this about eight times?

Seems we get this at least twice a season since the last NC.

Anyway, for me to get your face chiseled in rock, you had to bring an NC. Kemba and Bazz were automatics as they were the 11 & 14 titles. 99 & 04 were a bit more challenging to pick just one, but went Rip & Emeka. Leaving out KEA stung a bit as he was the heart & soul of 99, IMO.

Simple as that. Trophy or get out. Ray may have been a great player here, but no hardware.

Reaction Score
I went with Kemba, Bazz, Emeka, and Ray. Ray the only one not to win a title but he's Ray F-K Allen. To me the forth spot came down to Rip or Emeka. If i woke up on the other side of the bed today I might have voted for Hamilton. We've had so many great players. Can't wait to add a few Hurley recruits to the list.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Toby Kimball ahead of most on that list. Tate not at all. One great shot. I’d think MT Rushmore is reserved for the tippety top. Even great players like Rudy and some of the others who aren’t Mt Rushmore but definitely in the UConn HOF. To me Rushmore are either national leaders or all time UConn leaders like Kimball,and Bislosuknia or KEA, Hamilton, Walker, Emeka etc who led us to titles.

Reaction Score
Never knew why it was called "the shot" it should've been called "the pass." Burrell is the only player in the country who could make that pass.
Same video but much better call from Bob Huessler on the radio. Chills.

Reaction Score
Seems we get this at least twice a season since the last NC.

Anyway, for me to get your face chiseled in rock, you had to bring an NC. Kemba and Bazz were automatics as they were the 11 & 14 titles. 99 & 04 were a bit more challenging to pick just one, but went Rip & Emeka. Leaving out KEA stung a bit as he was the heart & soul of 99, IMO.

Simple as that. Trophy or get out. Ray may have been a great player here, but no hardware.
I was about to type the exact thing word for word. Everyone loves Ray but IMO he didn’t win, so doesn’t get a spot. I have that 1996 sweet 16 game against Mississippi State etched in my memory. So my four were the same. Buzz, Kemba, Emeka, Rip.

ETA: I may go back and re-watch that 1996 game to see how accurate my memory was. I looked it up. Ray scored 22 but was 9 for 25 shooting. He played all 40 mins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fair enough. He wouldn't be in my top 4 anyway. But it does beg the question, where would we be now without Tate?

I hear ya but Tate’s not getting that shot that year without Nadav Henefeld or Chris Smith. He’s 3 or 4 on that team alone. One shot doesn’t make the Rock for me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One of my favorite UConn athletes of all time that no one talks about. Bought his PSA graded Red Sox rookie card last year. In my UConn vault.

The idea that a poster named 'McLovin' knows who Walt Dropo is.... is surprising.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really tough narrowing down four from that list.
I voted for Rip, Ray, Kemba and Khalid.

As much as I wanted to vote for Emeka or Bazz, I had to vote for Khalid because he was the major ingredient that team needed to get the first NC. He wasn't the most talented point guard we've had but he was the player that kept the team loose and imo loosened an otherwise overbearing coach who became more balanced in managing his teams as a result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rip, with his NCAA and NBA titles should be front and center

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul