MSU Defense | The Boneyard

MSU Defense

Reaction Score
Just their team web article but it has them beating us and holding us to under 67 points. If Sanogo is closed down inside we need a plan. I think we rebound as well as anyone.

Reaction Score
Seems like the plan will be to attack inside-out again with Sanogo as a focal point. If Sanogo has success, it'll be up to our shooters to make open looks.

I'm concerned about our guards' ability to handle pressure as it seemed like Cole was pretty isolated attacking the press yesterday, especially after Martin went out. Gaffney looks better as a scorer this year, but his handles are still a little loose, and Hawkins has never been a dribble-first guy. I was hoping Andre Jackson would be more of a factor in breaking Auburn's press but yesterday was just not his day. Cole will need help if good teams want to pressure us like this because he just doesn't have the size, length or athleticism to consistently beat the press singlehandedly.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is key today. needs to create his own shot which he has shown he can. If he can do that and Polley and capitalize on threes if we make looks for him we should be able to win today

Reaction Score
My advice to Hawkins and Hurley is just let him put it up. He can create, spot up, whatever. Why don’t we run plays for him? Used to screen for Ray and Hamilton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom