Mr. Robot | The Boneyard

Mr. Robot

Reaction Score
Any fans here?
Season 1 was great, I haven't seen this week's episode yet (3 or 4 depending) but so far its a sophomore slump and become much more mundane and less wow. Elliot is my least favorite character in II (other than his rant at the bible group) and the blonde chick is eh and we are seeing too much of the Evil Corp head playing it a little too super cool. SPOILER ALERT.. I did like him dumping the fate of two guys in the lap of blondy though.

Just seems like its really spreading plot out right now vs the first season when it moved so quickly with lots of twists and turns. I don't think I can come up with a plot summary of either of the first two episodes.

ATTEMPT: We lived inside Elliots head a lot and took some drugs, the warehouse guy from the office is now involved, a character was removed and Evil corp boss seems nonplussed about it all. Re-activate Christian Slater PLEASE!

Reaction Score
I liked season 1 for the most part, but it started losing me towards the end. Have not given season 2 a go yet. Probably will eventually (we are DVR'ng them), but just not that interested yet. Too many other series that are more appealing. With the emergence of original Netflix and Amazon series, in addition to the premium channels, there is lot's of entertainment competition right now.

Reaction Score
Big fan. I can't disagree with your points on Season 2, but I think it's been building and some bigger stuff is about to happen. Such an intense show. *REMOVED FOR SPOILER* death was a shocker and the new characters haven't really shown their full purpose yet. We are being strung a long for a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big fan. I can't disagree with your points on Season 2, but I think it's been building and some bigger stuff is about to happen. Such an intense show. *REMOVED FOR SPOILER* death was a shocker and the new characters haven't really shown their full purpose yet. We are being strung a long for a bit.
I think we've endured the worst of it now, problem is USA decided they wanted to be in the Mr. Robot business long-term whereas Esmail had said it was a 3-season run. Bad news is Esmail likely reacted by simply spreading out the story but good news is with time he should be able to keep that story moving and go down a few interesting rabbit holes. I.e. a massive hole right now is what the real effects are of the lack of debt and credit info - I would've preferred an episode solely about a regular person dealing with it all versus the slow burn of everyone right now. I think the other death is/was far more interesting, unexpected and has more tangible consequences for fsociety folk. Meanwhile at this point I don't care at all about the Asian lady or Tyler Weller's wife.

Reaction Score
Season 2 started so slow.. Picked up in recent weeks, what a mindF that 80's sitcom opening was.. Bizarre!

Reaction Score
It is a slow burn this season, that is for sure. Watched the last 5 in binge format and is much better that way. Esmail certainly made a 10 hour movie this season, meant solely to be taken as a whole.

Reaction Score
I have totally lost interest, there are moments that perk me up but IMO this show has taken a serious nosedive. I feel like it's one of those shows that's too smart/deep for its own good, over the top artsy.

Reaction Score
Are we still all out on Mr. Robot? I think the epilogue of season 2 was that it got too conspiracy wonky and no one cares about the dark army or White Rose.
Now I'm trying to watch season 3 and its ok (but it was easy for me to turn off halfway thru epi 1 and epi 2) and I'd totally forgotten about the policewoman (whom was the brightest point of season 2 for me) and she comes back on the outskirts of the plot. Most of all the show strangely seems irrelevant in the current political context. Previously it was shocking and mind-bending to imagine the world unraveling and global crisis/manipulation by major corporations. Now its par for the course.

Good news is it seems we are getting more Christian Slater than we got last season and balancing him with Eliot is highly necessary to make both 'characters' compelling.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago my power was out, so I was watching on my computer (through my neighbor's xfinity guest wifi) and it was kind of cool that in that episode everyone's power was still out.

Really bummed that
they killed off Johanna, she was one of the more fascinating characters.
Last week's episode was kind of a drag, didn't really add much, aside from the Trump reference being funny. Hope it picks back up.

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago my power was out, so I was watching on my computer (through my neighbor's xfinity guest wifi) and it was kind of cool that in that episode everyone's power was still out.

Really bummed that
they killed off Johanna, she was one of the more fascinating characters.
Last week's episode was kind of a drag, didn't really add much, aside from the Trump reference being funny. Hope it picks back up.
Not sure where you are, but I think the filling in the blanks episode of what happened with Tyrell was good and essential for demystifying a plot/conspiracy case that had become a little too unwieldy. We've got clear antagonists now and a few characters in a weird middle where choices should be interesting strategically, ethically and personally.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Okay, this week's long take episode was bananas! Great tension.

Reaction Score
Okay, this week's long take episode was bananas! Great tension.

The first half of season 2 almost lost me and I loved S1. I binged S3 yesterday and it is again as good as it gets. I think the show is a lot better binged and I imagine I would have less antipathy towards S2 if I watched in a single sitting.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you are, but I think the filling in the blanks episode of what happened with Tyrell was good and essential for demystifying a plot/conspiracy case that had become a little too unwieldy. We've got clear antagonists now and a few characters in a weird middle where choices should be interesting strategically, ethically and personally.

Agreed 100%.

And my favorite moment in season 3? When Tyrell packs up and hits the road to one of my ATF tracks...sometimes picking the right song at the right moment makes a huge difference...

(audio only)

Reaction Score
S2 had its moments, but the central struggle between Mr Robot & Elliot ultimately wasn't cohesive or compelling and it took the fun/newness/thrills out of the episodes on whole.
S3 is back to brilliant and first thing I watch when its on my DVR, I'm excited for the latest twist and to see what every single one of our main characters do next (Elliot, MrR, Wellick, Darlene, Dom, Angela, Price & WhiteRose) = well done.

Reaction Score
Season 3 of Mr Robot was a tour de force. Not perfect, but very compelling drama, great twists & turns, the story & every damn character developed in interesting ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom