Mr. Robot on USA | The Boneyard

Mr. Robot on USA

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think I'm hooked. Rami Malek playing a morphine-using hacker with a slight case of Asperger's. It's also got the guy who played President Garett Walker from House of Cards as his boss at an IT secruity firm, and Christian Slater as a ringleader of an Anonymous-on-steroids type hacking group. Not sure if the plot developments are adding up to anything yet or if there's going to be a lot of misdirection, but it's still early in the series.

Reaction Score
I think I'm hooked. Rami Malek playing a morphine-using hacker with a slight case of Asperger's. It's also got the guy who played President Garett Walker from House of Cards as his boss at an IT secruity firm, and Christian Slater as a ringleader of an Anonymous-on-steroids type hacking group. Not sure if the plot developments are adding up to anything yet or if there's going to be a lot of misdirection, but it's still early in the series.

Kids good, what a character - whacked dude. It's good enough now to keep checking in, will see.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When I turned my TV on this morning it was on that channel, and before I changed over to Wimbledon, I watched a well-dressed guy get out of back of a car, take off his coat and tie, give a homeless dude a wad of cash and then put on some latex gloves to beat the crap out of him. I was intrigued, but I was in process of tuning into Wimbledon so I'll catch up later.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
junglehusky said:

Malek has been really impressive.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Excellent show so far.

The man on man sex scene was over the top. Sorry.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Starting to watch now...3 episodes in. Some of the dialogue in the first episode was just plain bad, but I'm curious to see where it goes. I also work in IT security, so I like the general topic... The stereotypes, the references...

Reaction Score
I started drifting from the show after 3 & 4 a little but hung in there, glad I did. He needs to bang the blonde, after the ballerina outfit I changed my whole opinion of her.:p

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Heard the last episode was terrific... I gotta get caught up (only through 4 episodes so far)

Little things : most of the exploits they've mentioned so far are real, so it gives a little authenticity. The plan to jack the temps to ruin the backup tapes was... Pretty ingenious. The "Steel Mountain" (Iron Mountain) references have all been legit too - upstate New York, it's an old mine (when I toured it, they actually said it started off as a "doomsday bunker" where the well to do could reserve room for shelter in case Cold War hit the fan)... Of course they have facilities all over now, but that was the original location. There's plenty of over dramatization too but hey it's TV.

Anyway I'm enjoying it so far... I'll have to binge tonight and get caught up.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
All caught up. Really enjoying it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Malek's best acting performance to date last night- the twist wasn't so much a "big reveal" - the hints were glaring - but watching Elliot completely lose his mind was something...

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
Malek's best acting performance to date last night- the twist wasn't so much a "big reveal" - the hints were glaring - but watching Elliot completely lose his mind was something...

Indeed. Really enjoying this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
USA postponed the airing of the finale tonight until next Wednesday... Due to similarities with the horrible events that happened in Virginia today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This show is so good I will give the new Cuse show the benefit of the doubt.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I might have to go back and watch the first few episodes given the "twist". Hope the finale is good.

Reaction Score
just got caught up with this show, watching the last 4 episodes over the weekend. Wow! I liked the first few episodes, then it lagged a bit for me, but the last few episodes were great.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Welp I think they made the right call in postponing a week. Holy shat.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Alright well I'm lost... Who is with me?!

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Well I think we can say they're definitely keeping some mysteries under wraps for season 2. Is the reason Elliott doesn't have access to all of his memory/brain because he hacked his own mind? Or someone else did, like Evilcorp or the White Rose? And Tyrrell is more mysterious than ever. I was thinking he might be another figment / split personality of Elliott's, but maybe that's too obvious / what the writers want us to think.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Interesting note... I thought the mention of the Ashley Madison Hack was timely, but it turns out it had been written into the script before the hack happened in real life, then edited out, then put back in during postproduction.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Welp I think they made the right call in postponing a week. Holy shat.

Yeah, good move. I wonder how much they edited the scene as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom