Mr. Dom Amore | The Boneyard

Mr. Dom Amore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm recently new to this boneyard madness. just joined this month but i love it already. Anyway, I see you all dislike Dom haha and i can see reasons cause of his mistakes etc BUT i go to southern ct university and am taking a sports journalism class and Dom actually teaches it. He's acutally a pretty cool guy, he knows his sports. He was Yankees beat writer for years, he tells us war stories about Jeter and ARod. He's told us he already has had his run ins with Calhoun and asking a "wrong" question. I'm not taking any sides haha just thought It'd be cool to share this info. I always find out about some uconn scoops he has in class haha. I'll make sure to grill him about stuff til semester's end. Maybe i can get him to let me meet JLAMB or Drummond haha. Anyway, I like him haha.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
just tell him to clean it up and to write more then a few sentences at times... that is all

Reaction Score
I enjoyed your post a lot haha. I haven't made many posts in the new Boneyard either but I am always lurking haha. Keep us updated on Dom and if you get any inside info on UConn be sure to post it on the Boneyard haha. Anyway I'm not trying to make fun of the way you you post because you're obviously enjoying yourself haha. You're a pretty cool guy too haha.

Reaction Score
I'm recently new to this boneyard madness. just joined this month but i love it already. Anyway, I see you all dislike Dom haha and i can see reasons cause of his mistakes etc BUT i go to southern ct university and am taking a sports journalism class and Dom actually teaches it. He's acutally a pretty cool guy, he knows his sports. He was Yankees beat writer for years, he tells us war stories about Jeter and ARod. He's told us he already has had his run ins with Calhoun and asking a "wrong" question. I'm not taking any sides haha just thought It'd be cool to share this info. I always find out about some uconn scoops he has in class haha. I'll make sure to grill him about stuff til semester's end. Maybe i can get him to let me meet JLAMB or Drummond haha. Anyway, I like him haha.

He lacks a basic understanding of the english language and he is "teaching" a course on journalism? Now I understand why you are laughing so much.

Reaction Score
I'm from the AIM generation, I say "haha" too much I guess, get over it :) haha. but no seriously, ya he clearly doesnt proofread his stuff, but I'm just saying from a person POV he's a good guy and seems to care about his job. I'll make sure to pass along your messages!

Reaction Score
Hey uh Frosh you should ask him if hes ever been on the Boneyard...he may be able to learn a lot from some people here.

Reaction Score
I'm from the AIM generation, I say "haha" too much I guess, get over it :) haha. but no seriously, ya he clearly doesnt proofread his stuff, but I'm just saying from a person POV he's a good guy and seems to care about his job. I'll make sure to pass along your messages!

Just to be clear, it goes well beyond the atrocious grammar. There is scarcely any substance to speak of. For someone who "cares" about his job so much he doesn't appear to be putting a lot of effort into it.

Reaction Score
I just don't get the sense that he wanted to be the beat writer for UConn men's basketball. The way he covers the team seems like the job was forced on him by the Courant. You can ask him why it seems that way.

Reaction Score
Cool post. Im sure Dom is a nice enough guy, but I dont think its too much to ask that the team beat writer at least know a little about the game he covers, and to at least have some understanding of the illustrious history of the program. He doesnt know nearly as much as anyone on this site!

Reaction Score
In fact he knows nothing about basketball at all and even less about Uconn basketball. All this and his grammar/writing style is horrible. And as others touched on, he puts very little effort into his work. I dont even read the Courant anymore because theres nothing useful to learn.

Reaction Score
In fact he knows nothing about basketball at all and even less about Uconn basketball. All this and his grammar/writing style is horrible. And as others touched on, he puts very little effort into his work. I dont even read the Courant anymore because theres nothing useful to learn.

Agree. Des, while passionate, is a horrible writer too. When was the last time the Courant broke a story?

Reaction Score
there is a limit of depth in his coverage of the team

Reaction Score
Maybe if he's get his ass out of the classroom, Amore would have more time to write.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I cant believe the courant pays this guy to write for them.

Reaction Score
I don't know why the Courant didn't just fire Mike Anthony for being afraid of the game and replace him with one of the beat writers that does a great job for one of the lower budget papers. The Courant website is clearly the best and they can pay to send writers to tropical tourneys, the content just sucks.

Reaction Score
I don't know why the Courant didn't just fire Mike Anthony for being afraid of the game and replace him with one of the beat writers that does a great job for one of the lower budget papers. The Courant website is clearly the best and they can pay to send writers to tropical tourneys, the content just sucks.

I think the Courant website is awful. The layout is horrible, ads are not placed very well, and the uconn men's blog is just awful to look at. It's an eyesore and they need a redesign.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'll give Dom the benefit of the doubt (for now) ... but when you're misspelling player names there's a problem.

Borges, on the other hand, has been fantastic.

Reaction Score
I'll give Dom the benefit of the doubt (for now) ... but when you're misspelling player names there's a problem.

Borges, on the other hand, has been fantastic.

I don't like how Borges disappears if he isn't travelling with the team. At least say something on the blog. Other than that he's been good for a Providence fan.

Reaction Score
I don't like how Borges disappears if he isn't travelling with the team. At least say something on the blog. Other than that he's been good for a Providence fan.

he said in his blog he isnt going to report on something he didnt go to.

Reaction Score
I know and i don't like that. I work from home when I'm sick.
why, it could be some sort of deal or agreement with CT papers, why send a guy down to do the game if he can just watch it on tv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom