OT: Moving to Fairfield County | The Boneyard

OT: Moving to Fairfield County

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Just got a job offer and will be moving back to CT. Mrs. Krinkle and I will be moving to Fairfield county. We're hoping to land in Blackrock in Bridgeport but if anyone comes across a cool, pet friendly apartment from Norwalk to Bridgeport, or have any other useful advice, let me know!

So glad to be coming back to my home state.

Reaction Score
How long have you been gone? May have to prepare for a shock.

My brother just moved out of Westport after 4 years there. He relocated for kid's high schooling. He thought he was smart buying a home 5 minutes from Westport train station so he could get into NYC quickly. Wrong move. A few miles away might as well have been 50 miles away. Gridlock to the train station every morning.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

My brother just moved out of Westport after 4 years there. He relocated for kid's high schooling. He thought he was smart buying a home 5 minutes from Westport train station so he could get into NYC quickly. Wrong move. A few miles away might as well have been 50 miles away. Gridlock to the train station every morning.
Thanks! My job will take me all around Fairfield Co and my days won't start until after rush hour, so I'm good there!

Reaction Score

That’s odd, I use the station. Traffic at night, yes, when the train empties. What time does he leave for work?

Reaction Score
The Waypointe in Norwalk is a pretty cool apartment complex. Restaurants and other amenities at the base of the building and many things in walking distance. Easy access to 95 too.

Reaction Score
That’s odd, I use the station. Traffic at night, yes, when the train empties. What time does he leave for work?

I'm assuming he likes to get to NYC between 8am and 9am.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
if you are renting stay away from the B & LT buildings. You can huff and puff and blow them down.

Reaction Score
Use Brewster as your main divide
Stay on the south side. Expect 2.3k pulse for two nice bedrooms.
Harborsw is my fave neighborhood. You will pay more going deeper into st. Mary"s.

Reaction Score
Just got a job offer and will be moving back to CT. Mrs. Krinkle and I will be moving to Fairfield county. We're hoping to land in Blackrock in Bridgeport but if anyone comes across a cool, pet friendly apartment from Norwalk to Bridgeport, or have any other useful advice, let me know!

So glad to be coming back to my home state.

I know a few people who live at Trademark Fairfield who love it. High quality building with easy access to 95 and walk to the train. Also, you get to live in Fairfield, which is a great town.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

I keep hearing about people leaving CT (OP excepted, appparently), so eventually the traffic has to go down, right?

Reaction Score
I live in Norwalk and love it. I own a home, but there are plenty of newer options for renting that are good. I'm not a huge fan of developments, but Waypointe is pretty sweet, especially with their diverse offerings of restaurants on site.

I would imagine that the newer buildings near the DMV are more reasonable as a friend of mine recently moved to the apartments.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the city. We've been so happy since we've moved here.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Your brother is a putz. People move TO Westport for their kid's high schooling, not out of Westport. As a former Westport teacher, tell him he made a bad choice. His only redeeming characteristic is having a sibling who is a UCONN fan.

Reaction Score
Your brother is a putz. People move TO Westport for their kid's high schooling, not out of Westport. As a former Westport teacher, tell him he made a bad choice. His only redeeming characteristic is having a sibling who is a UCONN fan.

Not sure what it says about Westport public schools when you completely misunderstood the quoted post ;)

Reaction Score

He's not as putzy as either you or me, because my poorly worded post should have read he moved to Westport for schooling, and after 4 years, he moved back to Manhattan where he had been for 20 years prior to Westport. Now he's gone from both!

Reaction Score
By the way, one day last week I spent 25 minutes on Bridge Street in Westport. No accident, no anything, just rush hour traffic. It was horrendous. So, I can easily see my brother's former troubles getting from his house to the train station. Bridge Street there is awful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've lived in Westport for 8 years after 20 in Manhattan. Moved for the schools, the space, and the attraction of beach living. I commute to NYC every day, by train, and I live a couple miles from train station. I go out of Green Farms which is the town's hidden gem. Small station/parking lot and EASY to deal with. It's the stop before Westport on way to NYC, so ride is 3 mins longer, but ease of parking and always getting a seat is well worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom