Moving Forward | The Boneyard

Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Last night's game was an epic collapse that we are not accustomed to. The tentativeness, panic, and sheer lack of ineptness shown by our team and especially Sterling Gibbs was awful to behold. This loss was on Kevin Ollie plain and simple. His inability to stop the panic, and benching of Adams, along with refusing to sub out an abysmal Gibbs cost us the game.
The good news is that the Temple loss on the road doesn't hurt us RPI wise, and we can pick up a big win against the #41 RPI team Tulsa at home. It has become abundantly clear that Sterling Gibbs is an inept point guard and his handing the ball in lat game situation should never happen again. Jalen Adams and Shonn Miller are the only 2 guys should get the ball in those situations. We need to play through Shonn Miller in those situations.

Win at Tulsa and keep moving forward!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I agree that Adams should penetrate and then dish accordingly to one of several options, including Gibbs on the perimeter (if open). While Gibbs is not the best at finishing after attacking, I do like that he is a very capable FT shooter . I don't want to use the word inept. In any case, JA driving opens things up for someone and he can take the floater as well.

Let's hope JA starts next game.

Reaction Score
Last night's game was an epic collapse that we are not accustomed to. The tentativeness, panic, and sheer lack of ineptness shown by our team and especially Sterling Gibbs was awful to behold. This loss was on Kevin Ollie plain and simple. His inability to stop the panic, and benching of Adams, along with refusing to sub out an abysmal Gibbs cost us the game.
The good news is that the Temple loss on the road doesn't hurt us RPI wise, and we can pick up a big win against the #41 RPI team Tulsa at home. It has become abundantly clear that Sterling Gibbs is an inept point guard and his handing the ball in lat game situation should never happen again. Jalen Adams and Shonn Miller are the only 2 guys should get the ball in those situations. We need to play through Shonn Miller in those situations.

Win at Tulsa and keep moving forward!
We are playing home against Tulsa! Definitely can't afford a loss here!

Reaction Score
Agree
I think we take the good out of last night--the first 35 minutes and bottle it. Lets go back and make sure we play BOTH Facey and Enoch to make sure we have the rebounding throughout the game. We just got beat at the end--we have the horses!!! lets use them! Whatever got jalen benched--sweep it under the rug--hes been awesome--he can help change the team--we need to ride him Gibbs and Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom