24 Damian Jones C
25 Kelly Oubre SG
26 Domantas Sabonis PF
27 Kyle Wiltjer F
28 Ryan Boatright PG
29 Larry Nance JR PF
30 Tyler Harvey PG

Reaction Score
I like Towns a lot and think if the Knicks dont get Okafor hes a pretty nice consolation prize. I really really like the kid even though right now hes a little behind on okafor as far as his development.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
While I agree the Knicks need a big man and I like Towns...I think passing on Mudiay will be tough. His upside is tremendous.

Not sure Boat will be taken in the first round. In fact, I highly doubt it. I'd say he's comparable to a Russ Smith. Undersized guard with quicks.

If Boatright were 6'3" he'd be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I like Towns a lot and think if the Knicks dont get Okafor hes a pretty nice consolation prize. I really really like the kid even though right now hes a little behind on okafor as far as his development.
For the Knicks you're probably right I would say Towns by a hair over Okafor but believe me Id take either. I like Russell over Mudiay as well. Two players who have been somewhat under rated are Bobby Portis from Arkansas and Christian Wood from UNLV. Portis has a great NBA body and will not be much of a wait time on him. Wood will take some time but in the lottery from 8-14 will be a good swipe. Besides Boatright who i think has earned his way on there---I put Larry Nance JR from Wyoming--he did rip his ACL last year but reminds me of a David Lee type pick in the back end of rd 1. Wiltrjer from Gonzaga reminds me of Chandler Parsons who went early rd 2 back a few years ago. I still like Tyler Harvey but it seems he may have a serious injury to his leg. I had him at 24 and dropped him to 30 depending on how bad it is.

Why does Boatright deserve a #1 compared to say a Russ Smith? First off I think that he has a higher character value than Russ Smith--hes a better pure PG when given a chance and he plays much higher at the rim with a better developed long range shot. He has elite NBA shake/handle and is a proven ball-hawk defender. That push to 43% 3 pt shooting from Boat moves him up from 35-45 to 25-35 imho. If hes shooting 33% hes sitting back in rd 2 but his form looks great and his numbers have moved up well. I think hes a MUCH better pro NBA prospect than Napier who has had all sorts of problems dealing with his lack of athletic ability

Reaction Score
Just to add I really do think we might have two top 5 picks on our roster next year with development in Brimah and Hamilton. Ive said this before but I believe it. Brimah is a premiere shot blocker but I think he can prove to be a much better offensive player given reps. The guy who was saying hes not a C --that's hogwash--hes a pure 5 and hes close enough to a legit 7 feet with that 7-6 wingspan and additional hops to make the inch mean didley. He doesn't have that 7-0 265 pd frame like a Gasol or Vucevic --but P Ewing was 6-11 245 and did pretty well. If Brimah can put on 6-8 pounds of pure muscle and add additional explosion from his legs--wow.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Two top 5 is pushing it. It's uncommon to have more than one non freshman in a top 5.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Gordon and Okafor happened before the era of one-and-done hyperfreshmen.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you understand how the NBA draft works. Some of the players you have listed will never get drafted. No NBA team is going to take a 22 year old 5'10" PG who can't cover half of the other PG's in the league in the first round. I'm not sure what's more comical, Towns over Okafor's by a hair or Brimah is a top five pick. Okafor is the best prospect in this draft by a mile. You think that a guy who's only shot which is six inches from the hoop when someone else throws it to him is a top five pick? Brimah has no offense and no clue how to switch or rotate on defense. Watch Kennedy and Moreira eat him up tonight.

Reaction Score
Just to add I really do think we might have two top 5 picks on our roster next year with development in Brimah and Hamilton. Ive said this before but I believe it. Brimah is a premiere shot blocker but I think he can prove to be a much better offensive player given reps. The guy who was saying hes not a C --that's hogwash--hes a pure 5 and hes close enough to a legit 7 feet with that 7-6 wingspan and additional hops to make the inch mean didley. He doesn't have that 7-0 265 pd frame like a Gasol or Vucevic --but P Ewing was 6-11 245 and did pretty well. If Brimah can put on 6-8 pounds of pure muscle and add additional explosion from his legs--wow.
Most optimistic post ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC