Mountaineer's meet conspiracy kitty.. | The Boneyard

Mountaineer's meet conspiracy kitty..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was just checking the Mountaineer Scout Big-12 conference board to see their latest ideas. There's one thread that's going ballistic about the B1G contacting FSU. Then there's another thread about the B1G going to 20 teams. One poster listed teams likely coveted by the B1G for the 6 slots to get to 20 (UConn was # 6B or 7 on your scorecard).
The 'eers are furious that the B1G is making a move but the Bevo Conference is standing pat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Was just checking the Mountaineer Scout Big-12 conference board to see their latest ideas. There's one thread that's going ballistic about the B1G contacting FSU. Then there's another thread about the B1G going to 20 teams. One poster listed teams likely coveted by the B1G for the 6 slots to get to 20 (UConn was # 6B or 7 on your scorecard).
The 'eers are furious that the B1G is making a move but the Bevo Conference is standing pat.

they dont have a kitty over there, they have about 20 moonshiners that together do what the kitty does here. pur

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Nah, those rednecks are just batshit crazy.

Reaction Score
According to Greg Swaim, the Big 12 is now talking renogiation with TV partners to see if it should add more schools. This is consistent with Chip Brown's recent tweets, in that he mentions Florida State and Georgia Tech were possibilities previously, and mentions that BYU is not an option right now.

So it doesn't look like to me the Big 12 is determined not to expand.

The problem for the Big 12 expanding is that it's really hard for them to add value when 10 teams get to split half of the Champions Bowl. You add two teams and that's a big reduction. Is any team but Notre Dame really worth that? Another reason to add teams would be conference stability. The problem with that is that even though the ACC is now wounded and therefore an easier target for picking teams off of, it's also less necessary to pick those teams off because they're more like fish in a barrel. You know they will be there when you need them, and you know they're no threat to you. No way the ACC becomes one of the Big 4 conferences now (or at least the chance is much less). So whatever motivation there is to expand is less, but it would be easier to do so if wanted. The question is which of these two forces outweigh the other.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The WV expansion board is obsessed with raiding the ACC to beef up the B12 and get them some travel partners. All of their theories revolve around making their own situation better than it currently is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The next Big 12 expansion target is obvious. A defense for West Virginia.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The WV expansion board is obsessed with raiding the ACC to beef up the B12 and get them some travel partners. All of their theories revolve around making their own situation better than it currently is.

The WVU expansion board is obsessed with the fact that the ACC thinks they are a bunch of hillbillies and wanted nothing to do with WVU in the last expansion cycle. Many of the Mountaineer fans still want to go to the ACC.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of homers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=10556348

Eerlaw is more credible and less crazy than the rest of the posters on that board. He thinks the ACC will hold together. FSU is the key, and they are not on the same page internally about what to do. I find it hard that UNC and UVa would turn down a Big 10 invite, but maybe they use it to leverage ESPN.

Reaction Score
The WVU expansion board is obsessed with the fact that the ACC thinks they are a bunch of hillbillies and wanted nothing to do with WVU in the last expansion cycle. Many of the Mountaineer fans still want to go to the ACC.

This. I think MHVer3 is just catering to that obsession. All of the theories he presents are designed to make the ACC look bad. That place makes this place look totally rational.

Reaction Score
One has to believe two things about UNC and Virginia which I find difficult to buy at this point. first is that they have an offer. All the nonsense about people being caught off guard by Maryland seems a little crazy to me. Maybe the timing, but the basic concept has been around for years. Heck, there was even talk that they were having conversations with the Big East a few years back, and going back even further, Joe Paterno always maintained he could deliver them to a northeastern all-sports conference. They were mentioned as a potential Big 10 target when Nebraska joined, too. I haven't heard the same about either UNC or Virginia ever. I have to think that if they had offers, they'd take them. I mean why wait? Then there is the ugly step sister problem. After what happened to Virginia when they wanted to leave VaTech in the old Big East, can they, or UNC do the same thing again and get away with it? I'm skeptical myself. both step sisters have a fair amount of clout in their respective state governments. So that "problem" needs to be solved first. and I don't see how it can be without creating lots of other problems including possible anti-trust, and certainly contract violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom