Mountain West to restart?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Suppose it’s possible given the 180 by the B1G

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could they announce something this weekend? That really would be surprising.

Reaction Score
Could they announce something this weekend? That really would be surprising.

I’m a college football die hard. Putting aside the general risk of contracting COVID while playing this season- I just think contact tracing protocols which have decimated practice rosters, severely impacting how you can train and tackle properly-then running these kids out there to play a high collision sport- is just so irresponsible man.

There will be games where the competitive imbalance will be very drastic I.e BYU be Navy due to some teams preparing and managing protocols differently.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m a college football die hard. Putting aside the general risk of contracting COVID while playing this season- I just think contact tracing protocols which have decimated practice rosters, severely impacting how you can train and tackle properly-then running these kids out there to play a high collision sport- is just so irresponsible man.

There will be games where the competitive imbalance will be very drastic I.e BYU be Navy due to some teams preparing and managing protocols differently.
Absolutely, and that is what is going to make this a wild ride this fall. The cancelled games and thin rosters will make for more BYU over Navy type blowouts. It could make for some very regrettable decisions to have a season for some major programs caught on the wrong side of the COVid infections.

Seriously, this could be Rutty's best chance. A few infections here and there while they stay healthy and bam they slide into a B1G championship game.

This whole thing could still collapse rather abruptly.

Reaction Score
It is possible that we need to reconsider? At least a spring season?
UCONN's problem isn't so much that can't play football, it's that realistically, even if every other conference opens up to play, conferences are only playing in conference so that gives UCONN what? 4 schools to play. At that point they save money by staying home and not paying.

Reaction Score

>>The Mountain West athletic directors are meeting on this upcoming Monday to create a pitch to the board which is to meet later next week.

The Oct. 24 date is ambitious since Fresno State has yet to be on campus for any activities and is just now making a plan to possibly return. This would be a swift return as that date is five weeks away and typically teams would need six weeks to prepare for the season.

Some Mountain West schools have been doing the 12-hour a week allotted workouts but Fresno State has not had anyone — including athletes — on campus and San Diego State had to shut down everything on campus for two weeks.<<

Reaction Score

The odds of getting it from a game are astronomically low ifyou follow basic precautions.

The real risk is college kids being college kids in their free time. If anything, kids playing FB have an incenative to make better choices.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Thinking any of these players would be better with staying with their team and not out with the other student population.

Curious what they will do with basketball. I would think they will put them in the bubble for the season and with other sports as well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Eight games seems nutz. I guess you can put eight on the schedule and hope to play five or six unless the NCAA decides to push all the post season stuff back.

C

Chief00

The odds of getting it from a game are astronomically low ifyou follow basic precautions.

The real risk is college kids being college kids in their free time. If anything, kids playing FB have an incenative to make better choices.
Wise man.

C

Chief00

Thinking any of these players would be better with staying with their team and not out with the other student population.

Curious what they will do with basketball. I would think they will put them in the bubble for the season and with other sports as well.

The campus will be empty Thanksgiving through late January - so a good part of the season is covered. The Grind is going good. The players have a season that the Coach has got them locked into with their game faces on.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Eight games seems nutz. I guess you can put eight on the schedule and hope to play five or six unless the NCAA decides to push all the post season stuff back.
Once everyone has access to daily antigen testing there will be few, if any, postponements of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom