Most Q1/Q2 wins through 1/11/23 | The Boneyard

Most Q1/Q2 wins through 1/11/23

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I agree the sky is not falling, but 4 of those UConn wins are pre-BEast. Since then, they are 2-0 in Q2 and 1-3 in Q1. The 3 Q1 losses are all road and inarguably the toughest of the entire schedule but you’d feel a little better having won at least one of those.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This indicates that things might still be okay.

Yea, but losing 3 road games against quality teams and not beating a ranked teams on the road in almost ten years is an issue. 2/3 road games this year we should’ve won. You can even make the argument all 3 should’ve been won

Reaction Score
I agree the sky is not falling, but 4 of those UConn wins are pre-BEast. Since then, they are 2-0 in Q2 and 1-3 in Q1. The 3 Q1 losses are all road and inarguably the toughest of the entire schedule but you’d feel a little better having won at least one of those.
You'd definitely feel better, but it turns out early season wins count just as much. Take care of business the rest of the season and everything is fine, because once the postseason comes there's no more road games

Reaction Score
But that's kind of what you want to do ideally - pick off wins early in the season to strengthen your resume because conference games are harder, especially those on the road.

Reaction Score
That’s all well and good for the resume, but I think many are concerned about some potentially “fatal” flaws showing up in the eye test.

I think most of us are still skittish from early exits the past two years, and feel like we are seeing the same warning signs again (right or wrong).

Reaction Score
The 3 losses were penciled in as probable losses at very start of year, they stand out now because bunched together and the lofty non conference record.

Lots of penciled in wins coming up that need to become actual wins. Overall body of work is still very strong but this was never a perfect team...we brought in 4 portal guards for a reason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We will win most, if not all of the rematches at home vs. the teams we lost to.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
But that's kind of what you want to do ideally - pick off wins early in the season to strengthen your resume because conference games are harder, especially those on the road.
I don’t disagree, but I will still argue that this team (and Hurley) eventually needs to find a way to win on the road or in a tough environment. We started building a nice resume last year too and then immediately wilted. I’m much more hopeful this year but would be feeling better even if we stole one of those 3 road losses.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Yea, but losing 3 road games against quality teams and not beating a ranked teams on the road in almost ten years is an issue. 2/3 road games this year we should’ve won. You can even make the argument all 3 should’ve been won
Half this board didn’t even know that stat until they showed it last night, and are now pretending that they’ve been beating that drum. Five of those years we were lost in the AAC with very few chances, and the other half we were still in the “better get us now” phase of the rebuild. If this trend goes on a few more years it’ll be worrisome, but before Hurley these losses would’ve been by 25 points.

Reaction Score
This team proved we can win on a neutral court against great teams. Alabama and Iowa State wins are looking awesome right now. Find a way to get into the East regional as a top 4 seed and we'll have a homecourt type atmosphere for the entire run until Houston.

Reaction Score
We just need a neutral court with neutral refs.. haven’t lost any of those games yet.

Reaction Score
If we can’t beat the teams at home that we lost to on the road then it becomes an issue. We have to be able to protect home court the way. they have against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom