Most interesting thing tonight | The Boneyard

Most interesting thing tonight

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hopefully they prove me wrong - but I’m interested in how quickly Edsall takes the air out of the ball.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He definitely will, and he probably should. But, we're going to have to prove that we can run the ball (meaning handoffs, not runs by Pindell) in order to do that. Not sure that's gonna happen based upon our run blocking last week.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He definitely will, and he probably should. But, we're going to have to prove that we can run the ball (meaning handoffs, not runs by Pindell) in order to do that. Not sure that's gonna happen based upon our run blocking last week.

Right but when. Because that will tell you what he actually thinks of his team.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Right but when. Because that will tell you what he actually thinks of his team.

My guess is early on. Once we’re down 30 there’s no point—just let it fly and experiment with what you’ve got. Hopefully he isn’t overly conservative early, but we do need to control TOP. The issue is that we did last week by a wide margin and it did nothing for us.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A: Quickly

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I really have a bad feeling about tonight. I think Boise is super motivated to pour on the points in an effort to show they can beat is bigger than UCF.

I hope we have a new set of plays, perhaps more WR/RB Screens and even a few option plays to address the Boise pass rush.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I really have a bad feeling about tonight. I think Boise is super motivated to pour on the points in an effort to show they can beat is bigger than UCF.

I hope we have a new set of plays, perhaps more WR/RB Screens and even a few option plays to address the Boise pass rush.

The nice thing is that it really can’t get that much worse than it was last week

Reaction Score
The nice thing is that it really can’t get that much worse than it was last week
But it probably can, right? UConn's O could gain a mere 125 yards and get held to a field goal. And BSU could do a Memphis on the UConn D.

And we haven't even mentioned injuries.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
But it probably can, right? UConn's O could gain a mere 125 yards and get held to a field goal. And BSU could do a Memphis on the UConn D.

And we haven't even mentioned injuries.

If they score 70, we better find a way to get to 37.

Reaction Score
We can’t look at games that way. I sure hope he has them going out there to win and if they get spanked, he knows how to convince them it was nothing but a learning experience.

I find slowing down in order to control the score a waste of practice time. These kids know when the play calling has elimimated an attempt at winning. I’ve been in a game where the coaches gave up and tried to keep it close. We were even more embarrassed than we were taking our lumps a month before against the same team. The score was better but we felt much more defeated.

Players are resilient. They’ll always look back and think the whole disaster was a result of just a few key plays.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We can’t look at games that way. I sure hope he has them going out there to win and if they get spanked, he knows how to convince them it was nothing but a learning experience.

I find slowing down in order to control the score a waste of practice time. These kids know when the play calling has elimimated an attempt at winning. I’ve been in a game where the coaches gave up and tried to keep it close. We were even more embarrassed than we were taking our lumps a month before against the same team. The score was better but we felt much more defeated.

Players are resilient. They’ll always look back and think the whole disaster was a result of just a few key plays.

Don't disagree with your logic, but it was only 9 days ago they played to keep it close.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wish we were playing in this slop fest they have going in the Pitt-Penn game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Edsall's teams always played tight on the road against ranked opponents, never mind when it's a mismatch on paper. I wouldn't be docked if we are down 30 at the half.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Logs in

Send trade request

To Pittsburgh Brett Graham

From Pittsburgh... um how about an upperclassman who plays corner or safety. surprise us.

That was freaking hilarious. Yes surprise us, with anyone from the two deep in the secondary.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I wonder how quickly he reverts from between-the-tackles run plays back to RPO when it doesn't work. I'd like to think otherwise, but I don't think it wil
Doomed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That was freaking hilarious. Yes surprise us, with anyone from the two deep in the secondary.

I’m sure anyone from their eight deep would probably be our best corner.

They do have Pinnock from Windsor. Not sure if he plays much

Reaction Score
They gotta go out there and just get after it. No fear , play ball and forget the rest. Can’t have RE playing it safe. Nobody ever one a game trying to lose by less.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Hopefully they prove me wrong - but I’m interested in how quickly Edsall takes the air out of the ball.
We don’t throw passes over 10 yards. Who cares.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Edsall's teams always played tight on the road against ranked opponents, never mind when it's a mismatch on paper. I wouldn't be docked if we are down 30 at the half.
Bump

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom