Most Interesting S16 Game is | The Boneyard

Most Interesting S16 Game is

Which Sweet 16 Games are you Most interested In?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Besides the UConn game, which game(s) are you most interesting in watching? I've enabled the option to choose multiple games, but please limit you selections to two games. When creating the poll question, I noticed there are no games where teams of the same conference play against each other. I guess the committee did something right. :):)

Reaction Score
IMO UConn, ND and Lousville will win their games by a wide margin, all other 5 games could be very close. That said, I'd like to watch all 8 games!

HuskyJohn

Popular poster
Reaction Score
The question regarding WHY anyone is most interested in any particular matchup is not posed. I see the SC-NC matchup is in the lead. I'm not surprised. I would guess that since A'ja Wilson will very like be very interested in this game (and by association BY-ers) and DD will be playing (the interest there is obvious enough) and finally the fact that one of these teams is a possible matchup for us in the final four all contribute to any advantage that this matchup might have. I know I'll be watching!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The harder to predict, the greater the interest...so for me that's SC-NC. I think most of the others are done deals, although I'm really looking for to them. I hope SC wins; and then that they get spanked in the elite 8. I don't want them looking great right now.

Reaction Score
Any NC game is of interest to me -- they just have potential to be such a good team. While SC is a bit of mystery.

And the last Baylor-KY game went to 4OT, so they were clearly evenly matched teams earlier this season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn't vote, but would agree that most of them are of interest.

Teams from the same conference are not supposed to be able to meet in the Sweet 16, unless there are more than 8 teams from a conference. That wasn't the case this year, but did occur at least once with the BE.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I voted for TN and Maryland. There are only two times that I would ever pull for for the Lady Vols..... and this is one of them. Looking forward to watching the TN frontcourt vs the Maryland frontcourt.

Reaction Score
I particularly want to see the KY vs Baylor rematch. They seem so evenly matched, maybe it can go 5 overtimes this time.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
jdubct said:
I particularly want to see the KY vs Baylor rematch. They see so evenly matched, maybe it can go 5 overtimes this time.

Maybe ESPN shoulda made them the late game! Lol!!

The 2nd game may have a late start and a different channel if OT becomes a factor!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish was on ESPN radio this morning. He is a HUGE South Carolina fan. Picked SC to go all the way this year. I think UConn may be in their way, big time, but you have to love a loyal fan.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Of course I voted for A&M-DePaul. It's the game that decides who UConn would face in the regional finals (assuming, of course, UConn defeats BYU).

That being said, there are a ton of good games in the regional semis, and I'll be watching as many of them as I can.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Difficult to pick the top game of interest. The most interesting regionals to me are South Bend and Louisville.

BTW, Louisville is playing very, very well and, at least based on the first 2 rounds, better than any of the other teams in that regional.

Reaction Score
The Carolina game and the Tenn-MD are the most intriguing games for me. You don't which UNC team will show up and USC is an enigma. UNC's frontline has regressed because of not getting enough touches and hitting the freshman wall. USC's frontline has gotten better since the first time they played but they struggle with teams that are more athletic and quicker than them. Tenn and MD are both good rebounding teams so something will have to give. Tenn has offensive droughts at times and elite players can have career days against them. Maryland has had defensive lapses and their freshman can be inconsistent as well.

The SEC has been patting themsleves on the back for having 5 teams in the S16. As Doggydaddy pointed out in another thread, they SEC won games they should've won. They don't mention that Kentucky barely beat Syracuse who didn't have their best player. I will give them some credit if they can get at least 4 teams in the E8 and at least have one team in the FF.

Reaction Score
Hey- I got to know Dr. J at UMASS when he dated a girl that lived on my floor- just sayin'

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Teacherdeb said:
Hey- I got to know Dr. J at UMASS when he dated a girl that lived on my floor- just sayin'
Dr J may have been dating a girl, but you, young Deb, are dating yourself with this anecdote. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01