Most improved players this year | The Boneyard

Most improved players this year

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Havent watched as much basketball yet as I've hoped to, but who are some of the most improved players this year?

A few I've seen are:
Evina Westbrook-finding a lot of success as a scoring option

Anriel Howard-looks like an AA this year after being a role player a year ago

Megan Walker-much more comfortable on the court after being benched much of last year

Sug Sutton-one of the bright spots for Texas this year, went from being backup PG to a strong lead guard

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Other than rebounding, Howard basically missed last year offensively because TAMU was the Chennedy Carter show. She can score when she gets the ball, as she’s showing. I am surprised by her three-point shooting. I wish Danni Williams had gone to MSST, too, although I realize it’s too far from home. They sure could use her shooting, and her toughness would fit right in.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No question those four are much improved. Howard is the one who's most blown me away. For most of her first 3 years at A&M she was a great rebounder and a good defender but with very limited offense. I suppose it helps free her up to have McCowan commanding so much attention from the opponent, but still...

Some other improved players who come to mind:
  • Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA: went from 7 ppg and 4.7 rpg last year, to 15.4 ppg and 8.5 rpg this year.
  • Kay Kay Wright, UCF: went from 10.8 ppg last year to 20.1 ppg this year. Just a really prolific scorer.
  • Kierra Anthony, Louisiana Tech: went from 14.3 ppg last year to 24.7 ppg this year. Extremely prolific.

Reaction Score
No question those four are much improved. Howard is the one who's most blown me away. For most of her first 3 years at A&M she was a great rebounder and a good defender but with very limited offense. I suppose it helps free her up to have McCowan commanding so much attention from the opponent, but still...

Some other improved players who come to mind:
  • Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA: went from 7 ppg and 4.7 rpg last year, to 15.4 ppg and 8.5 rpg this year.
  • Kay Kay Wright, UCF: went from 10.8 ppg last year to 20.1 ppg this year. Just a really prolific scorer.
  • Kierra Anthony, Louisiana Tech: went from 14.3 ppg last year to 24.7 ppg this year. Extremely prolific.
Onyenwere is an athlete. She is Gabby and Young-esque. She is offensively limited like Gabby, but not the playmaker either Gabby or Young are. She is going to be special

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Missy Peterson, UW. From 3.3 ppg as a Fr. (only played in 18 games due to injury) to 10.4 and second leading scorer on the team this year. Her stats are going downhill since she got her nose broken and she has to wear a mask, seems to be bothering her shooting significantly.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
God forbid we fail to mention a player from an Oregon or Washington team :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton of Texas. Less than 10 mins per game last year. This year still not starting but playing about 21 Minutes per game 2.1 PPG last year 9.0 PPG this year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ha. I thought she was deserving of mention. Agree with Onyenwere, although that isn't surprising and was easy to predict. She looked good as a Fr. and showed tons of potential, even had a 20 and 10 game. W/ 3 starters graduated from UCLA they were going to need to get more production from some returners and she seemed like one of the most likely candidates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom