Most Improved Player | The Boneyard

Most Improved Player

Reaction Score
Last night Kara Walters said Pheesa is the most improved player. I love Pheesa and agree, she definitely has improved. Is she the most improved? Sorry, I have to give that to Gabby.

Reaction Score
Last night Kara Walters said Pheesa is the most improved player. I love Pheesa and agree, she definitely has improved. Is she the most improved? Sorry, I have to give that to Gabby.
Frankly, I'm not sure I could vote against Naphessa, Gabby, Saniya, or Lou as being the most improved over last year. Seriously! This just isn't fair to the rest of D1 WCBB. :D

Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm not sure I could vote against Naphessa, Gabby, Saniya, or Lou as being the most improved over last year. Seriously! This just isn't fair to the rest of D1 WCBB. :D

True. They have all improved significantly. I just think Gabby is doing things that no one expected her to do. The fact that she can have a triple-double on any given night....It's kind of scary!

Reaction Score
BTW, speaking of Kara Wolters, I think she also is much improved over last year. I've noticed that she seems much more confident and assertive in her television reporting and commentary. I seriously doubt that she'll be in SNY's Chateau de bow wow any time soon.

Reaction Score
True. They have all improved significantly. I just think Gabby is doing things that no one expected her to do. The fact that she can have a triple-double on any given night.....It's kind of scary!

Seems like Geno agreed on his show last night. Gabby was the first place Geno went when asked about the team exceeding expectations. I don't think you could find anyone that would have predicted that Gabby would be leading the team in assists by a wide margin. She flashed the ability to make nice pass occasionally in previous seasons, but nothing that would indicate the type of growth that we have seen this season.

Reaction Score
By almost every statistical measure Phee has made the biggest leap by any player from last year. FG%, pts scored, A/T ratio improved, rebounds/game(although much of that is increased minutes) etc. Further, her defense in the post has been crucial when we are playing teams with quality bigs. For goodness sakes, at 6'1" she is third in the nation in FG%. Not taking anything away from Gabby who may be the most important player on the team( as much for her defense as her evolving offensive game) but one can certainly make the case that Kara has it right. As an aside, IMO every player has shown improvement from last year and that is central to why we are , to the surprise of many, #1.

Reaction Score
When considering only The UConn Women's BB team---the MOST improve is Natalie Butler--hands down! (ok she has hands up and defends)

Reaction Score
You are absolutely correct (again)! However the trio of Napheesa, Gabby, Katie Lou singularly or together--are amazing. Collier at 6 '1, does things should not be able to do--her scoring is ridiculous .
Katie Lou is much more than just the 3 point expert we thought she was;\
Gabby --so thin, so short (5 ft 11 (maybe)) to do the things she does--and she is a terrific on the floor defender--a regular thief --
I can't put Kia or Chong in this Improved category--they have--but they both were pretty well established prior to this year.
In improvement--of the 6 players Butler has shown the most improvement since she arrived at Uconn.
My opinion and I'm stuck with it--I think this is a very very special group of kids..

Reaction Score
BTW, speaking of Kara Wolters, I think she also is much improved over last year. I've noticed that she seems much more confident and assertive in her television reporting and commentary. I seriously doubt that she'll be in SNY's Chateau de bow wow any time soon.
Assertive--she jumped in and answered questions directed towards Sue! She'll take over the commentary if they don't stop her---She knows this team inside and out--she knows the game--she knows Geno and she knows all the players back to Adam and Eve..

Reaction Score
Everyone has improved, but nobody has improved to the degree of Collier.

I have never seen a player go from an inconsequential role as a frosh to 1st team AA over a single summer. Not only a single summer, but a summer that included a surgery that hindered her ability to hone her on court skillset.

If anyone has seem this level of improvement, name the player(s).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom