Most Hated Husky by Opponents | The Boneyard

Most Hated Husky by Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stealing a thread from the men's board...

What player was most hated by opponents and opp fans?

Diana is a pretty easy winner here. I'm not quite sure who would be #2 though. And don't say Maya just because she was great; I can't imagine anyone hating her.

Perhaps Stef Ive-never-committed-a-foul Dolson?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As a (brief) Husky fan (1995) and opponent since - DT hands down. I'm not sure hated is the right word, because you had to respect her, but you having DT and other teams not having her was close to unbearable for the time.

Dolson wasn't the only player to never foul, that honor goes at least back to Kara Wolters, who wasn't particularly popular for that attitude, nor for her ability to camp out in the lane for what seemed an eternity without getting a foul called on her.

While plenty of UConn players never gave the fans I know (or me) warm and fuzzies, I know I (and I think most fans) would have been happy and proud to have had them on their own team. So I don't think they were so much disliked individually, but simply as a team.

As I've often said, with the exception of A. Jones for what seemed like a good reason at the time, I don't think RU fans (as a large group) ever booed individual UConn players. Ninnies in the fan base, sure, but the over-all arena, no.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stealing a thread from the men's board...

What player was most hated by opponents and opp fans?

Diana is a pretty easy winner here. I'm not quite sure who would be #2 though. And don't say Maya just because she was great; I can't imagine anyone hating her.

Perhaps Stef Ive-never-committed-a-foul Dolson?

Dolson drove me crazy in that she looked shell shocked every time she was called for a foul or any questionable call. She also had a knack for falling hard to the ground and taking a while to get up (whenever she went down, it was much more dramatic than when other players fell.) That said, she is one of my favorite UCONN players off the court, I think she does a great job in interviews and seems very personable.

I don't think anyone hated Maya Moore. She's always been very even keeled and was never showboating/gloating. For how incredibly talented she was, she was even more humble and disciplined so there was never any reason to dislike her. Also, I can't think of any big shots/daggers she hit in her career because UCONN was so dominant during her 4 years. She only had 9 games in her entire career that were separated by 8 points or less (9 out of 154) so it was rare that opponents ever even had a fighting chance to get their hopes up.

HGN

Reaction Score
I say No. 1 was DT......and I don't think there is a second place. But if there was a second place , or 1A , it would have had to be DT. Or did I already say that?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo was pretty widely disliked because of all the publicity she received and many felt it was undeserved until she hoisted the trophy and shoved it back in everyone's face, but DT3 is the runaway winner and it hasn't changed in the WNBA!!

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo was pretty widely disliked because of all the publicity she received and many felt it was undeserved until she hoisted the trophy and shoved it back in everyone's face, but DT3 is the runaway winner and it hasn't changed in the WNBA!!
Or Europe, apparently...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I would think you would need to go back to the heat of the TN rivalry and a player like Shea, though we did have a center in that era that had the nickname BOOM, BOOM. And was not delicate in using her allotted fouls!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I would think you would need to go back to the heat of the TN rivalry and a player like Shea, though we did have a center in that era that had the nickname BOOM, BOOM. And was not delicate in using her allotted fouls!
Bam Bam

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
To be precise, it was "Bam Bam", and Stacy was more of a power forward - lovely voice, tho'...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Most hated Huskies? Geno and Diana are 1 and 1A. Di is #1 for players for sure though.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Diana. I don't think there is a close second among Tennessee fans. I do have a question. Which Tennessee player is most disliked among Husky fans?

Reaction Score
Dee for sure. Jen R. has acknowledged she was pretty intense with her own teammates, wonder how she was with opponents? Anyone have a sense?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
1 - Taurasi
2 - Jen R.
3 - Bam Bam
4 - Elliott

Reaction Score
I think Diana. I don't think there is a close second among Tennessee fans. I do have a question. Which Tennessee player is most disliked among Husky fans?
For me, it's probably Semeka Randall.

Reaction Score
Yeah, DT for slapping the orange padding on the backboard. For #2, I like Kelly Schumacher. Tennessee hoped to win their first (never did happen) NC game against us on April 2 of 2000. Kelly blocked 9 shots in the game and altered a bunch more as we won by 19.

Reaction Score
Too many to name :D

I think I have to go with Parker. Though Holdsclaw is probably a close second.

Once upon a time Kara Lawson might have gotten consideration from me, but she is hands down the best women's analyst and I have a ton of respect for her game. I have learned to appreciate and even like Kara.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
stwainfan said:
Holdsclaw! Hands down. Her freshman and sophomore year she was just obnoxious on the court.

Michelle Snow had that same nasty attitude and I didn't care for her either.

I liked Parker. Her only fault was playing for Tennessee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom