Most Embarassing Boneyard Moment | The Boneyard

Most Embarassing Boneyard Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were many, but the following is probably my lowlight.

I used to post a rather regular beer commentary. I sometimes asked a question. I asked what was the oldest brewery in the world. I offered as a prize a case or half case can't remember which of quality brews. I expected it would take a while to get a correct answer.

Fishy came up with the correct answer in about ten minutes. I mailed out the beer, all the bottles arrived broken.

Reaction Score
There were many, but the following is probably my lowlight.

I used to post a rather regular beer commentary. I sometimes asked a question. I asked what was the oldest brewery in the world. I offered as a prize a case or half case can't remember which of quality brews. I expected it would take a while to get a correct answer.

Fishy came up with the correct answer in about ten minutes. I mailed out the beer, all the bottles arrived broken.

Happened to me in an airport with bottles of tequila from Mexico. Stuff was mucho expensive, so I briefly considered lapping it up.

Reaction Score
I brought back some very expensive bottles of mezcal from Oaxaca on several occasions for presents, fortunately I didn't drop them, but one of the people I gave a bottle to broke it in my presence.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
March 1999. There was a thread discussing whether UConn should focus on getting Rip more 3's in the tourney or if he should try to get to the rim more. It was about 75% of the posters saying "get to the rim". I was one of the 25% saying they should be setting staggered screens to free Rip for the 3 ball. As the day went on the 25% dwindled to just one person: me. I was still arguing Rip and the 3 ball when Fishy posted something like, "You're all alone on this. For everyone's sake, just give it up." I did.

Rip was incredible as he sliced and diced his way to the hole in the NCAA's and of course we climbed to the top of the mountain.

All in all I was pretty happy to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Falling out of the tree at the Boneyard Tailgate was pretty embarrassing.

I was trying to get a rope up onto a branch so we could string up a tarp and I slipped and fell. I also remember that Nuzzi showed up to that tailgate with his new Harley and a leather jacket that had the big Yankees NY stitched on the back. He jumped on his ride when he was ready to leave, revved it making a real show of an exit.....then stalled it out as he tried to take off. So ' funny.

Reaction Score
Calling a sailor, a soldier. Corrected quite quickly and frequently.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't know how embarrassing it is, since nobody would have ever remembered, but I repeatedly stated my absolute certainty that for UConn's 2010-11 season to be a successful one, the #1 most important thing that needed to happen was not Kemba stepping up -- rather, it was freshman Roscoe Smith being a dominant go-to scorer. (Not that I thought that would happen, just that I thought it needed to.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom