Most Disappointing CBB teams 2021-2022 (so far)... | The Boneyard

Most Disappointing CBB teams 2021-2022 (so far)...

Reaction Score
I know we aren't thrilled how UConn has played but are around where pre-season polls had them (24-25). If a couple of close loses had gone our way we'd feel much better obviously. That said the next 2 weeks will clarify if UConn is a Tourney lock or will be scoreboard watching at the end of the month clinging to good side of the Bubble.

Compared to pre-season top 25 or better expectations & at this point not projected or barely projected to make Tourney...
  • Michigan (11-9)
  • Memphis (12-8)
  • UNC (16-7)
  • Bonnies (12-7)
  • MD (11-12)
  • VA (14-9)
  • Fla St (13-9)
  • Oregon (15-7)

Reaction Score
It seems like Michigan has been disappointing for the last few years.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Georgetown. How does that even happen?
Their entire roster transferred out. Pretty easy to see they weren’t going to be competitive.

Reaction Score
Georgetown. How does that even happen?
11 transfers in four years, for one. How different is this discussion if Georgetown is starting seniors Mac McClung, James Akinjo, and Josh LeBlanc, junior Qudus Wahab, and freshman Aminu Mohammed?

And that doesn't count Jalen Harris, the Arkansas transfer that asked for a leave of absence after five games at Georgetown and has never returned, anywhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maryland is in the conversation, was ranked preseason, now 11-12.

#1 is either Michigan or Memphis, given Memphis still has a chance (somehow) of making the tournament I think it is Michigan.

Reaction Score
The Bonnie’s were expected to easily win the A10, um, not exactly.

Reaction Score

#1 is either Michigan or Memphis, given Memphis still has a chance (somehow) of making the tournament I think it is Michigan.
Gotta be Michigan. Juwan Howard's honeymoon may be coming to an end. They are literally on the exact same trajectory as we were with KO, except they have no title to show for it.

Decent first year
Amazing second year (they were a 1 seed last year)
Garbage third year

Reaction Score
I know we aren't thrilled how UConn has played but are around where pre-season polls had them (24-25). If a couple of close loses had gone our way we'd feel much better obviously. That said the next 2 weeks will clarify if UConn is a Tourney lock or will be scoreboard watching at the end of the month clinging to good side of the Bubble.

Compared to pre-season top 25 or better expectations & at this point not projected or barely projected to make Tourney...
  • Michigan (11-9)
  • Memphis (12-8)
  • UNC (16-7)
  • Bonnies (12-7)
  • MD (11-12)
  • VA (14-9)
  • Fla St (13-9)
  • Oregon (15-7)
Out of that list, Michigan, Maryland and St. Bonaventure are the biggest disappointments.

I don't understand how a team like the Bonnies can return so much key, veteran talent and get so much worse.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
11 transfers in four years, for one. How different is this discussion if Georgetown is starting seniors Mac McClung, James Akinjo, and Josh LeBlanc, junior Qudus Wahab, and freshman Aminu Mohammed?

And that doesn't count Jalen Harris, the Arkansas transfer that asked for a leave of absence after five games at Georgetown and has never returned, anywhere.
You can't have it both ways. You can't mention 11 transfers in four years and then present a hypothetical starting five. I mean you can but it isn't reality. There are systemic issues and Ewing needs to be shown the door.

Reaction Score

To be fair Maryland's Head Coach did quit the team a month into the season. I get it's the same players but still, they replaced him with Danny Manning who was just fired. Not really fair to have those same pre-season expectations after that.

I was always lower on Michigan anyway heading into the season after what they lost. But this is....not good. I don't think Howard's seat is warm quite yet, but another year like this and there will be murmurs.

Memphis I didn't even think was pre-season top 25. You can have all the talent in the world, but without a competent head coach it's going to be tough to bring it all together. Penny hadn't proved up to this point that he could coach regardless of roster make-up, not sure why so many people thought this season would be different. That's the difference between him and Cal.

Reaction Score

• Michigan (11-9)
  • Memphis (12-8)
  • UNC (16-7)
  • Bonnies (12-7)
  • MD (11-12)
  • VA (14-9)
  • Fla St (13-9)
  • Oregon (15-7)
West Virginia maybe, they do play in a good conference. That game against them is kind of turning into a bad loss

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom