Most Competitive Games Friday | The Boneyard

Most Competitive Games Friday

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Looking over the 16 games on Friday, a few games stand out for me:

#12 Rice vs #5 Marquette 2:00 PM. ?
#10 Drake vs. #7 Missouri 4:00 PM Drake!
#10 Buffalo vs. #7 Rutgers 4:30 PM Go Bulls!
#9 Clemson vs. #8 S. Dakota 7:00 PM Coyotes
#12 UCF vs. #5 Arizona 7:00 PM Sun Devils

Most competitive game will be Drake Mizzou with Drake winning
My head wants UCF to play well to represent the league but my heart wants AZ to crush them just so I can see if the bench dances again :rolleyes:
Rice is an unknown to me with Mulkey and Ogwumike sisters

Who did I miss or who do you think will win?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Damn: Rice v. Marquette is my son's and daughter-in-law's school v. my granddaughter's school. Tough choice!

In terms of Saturday, UCLA v. Tennessee in College Park. Are you going @DefenseBB?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Damn: Rice v. Marquette is my son's and daughter-in-law's school v. my granddaughter's school. Tough choice!

In terms of Saturday, UCLA v. Tennessee in College Park. Are you going @DefenseBB?
Yup! Convinced my wife to take the train down on Friday and just Bought my tickets online. FYI, the students are on spring break!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yup! Convinced my wife to take the train down on Friday and just Bought my tickets online. FYI, the students are on spring break!
That's what I understand about Spring Break. Please PM or text me.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
SO here I’ve been a Connecticut Yankee in Baltimore, minding my own business, sort of supporting the local schools, I mean their kids right? After I see the draw with Maryland and Towson both in the Albany Region, I am thinking, “man, keep a low profile, nod your head in the water cooler/kitchen area chats and get back to my office as both teams could/will be eliminated by UConn. Think of the congratulatory catchphrases and use them...Then the local news comes on and they show Towson, the kids all excited, 1st NCAA bid EVER and the reporter congratulates them and says “UConn is THE PROGRAM in WCBB, how do you feel about playing them?”. I am thinking cute kid, probably say something like “We’re Really excited about making it, we will play our game and have fun” or something to that effect. BUT NO! The little brat immediately goes “we want to do what UMBC did to Virginia and take them down!” I am like WTF did I just hear and she was like DEAD SERIOUS looking at the report with total intensity! That’s IT- I am wearing my UConn Shirt EVERY DAY THIS WEEK, I am telling them “glad you came, got to play now give me your breakfast, lunch and dinner money....YOU KNOW who your Daddy is don’t ya? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After 2006, the locals in D.C. expected the Terps to be in the Final Four every year. They didn't know WCBB history and thought, if it happened once, it should happen all the time. They didn't realize it was an historically great year for the ACC and a down year for Tennessee and UConn. They have made the Final Four a couple of times since, but haven't been all that competitive and lost in the semis.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Rubbed my eyes when I saw Buffalo and Drake as 10 seeds -- they both deserved higher. They are really punishing Drake for that loss to Missouri State. I think they would have been a 5 or 6 if they had won. My alma mater, Mizzou, was convinced by Creme that they would get a 5-seed, but I knew better. So both teams get screwed on their first game -- and the winner gets to play Iowa on their home court, LOL. But the fans might get an interesting game. Mizzou is hurting with Levy out, but a pressing team would be even a tougher matchup. Game plans should be interesting. But I think whoever makes the most threes, wins. Both these teams are capable of shooting the lights out -- or not shooting well at all.

Buffalo has been on fire, Rutgers not so much, plus no Viv.

Reaction Score
Looking over the 16 games on Friday, a few games stand out for me:

#12 Rice vs #5 Marquette 2:00 PM. ?
#10 Drake vs. #7 Missouri 4:00 PM Drake!
#10 Buffalo vs. #7 Rutgers 4:30 PM Go Bulls!
#9 Clemson vs. #8 S. Dakota 7:00 PM Coyotes
#12 UCF vs. #5 Arizona 7:00 PM Sun Devils
Slight correction: Arizona State.
Sun Devils is correct :)

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
SO here I’ve been a Connecticut Yankee in Baltimore, minding my own business, sort of supporting the local schools, I mean their kids right? After I see the draw with Maryland and Towson both in the Albany Region, I am thinking, “man, keep a low profile, nod your head in the water cooler/kitchen area chats and get back to my office as both teams could/will be eliminated by UConn. Think of the congratulatory catchphrases and use them...Then the local news comes on and they show Towson, the kids all excited, 1st NCAA bid EVER and the reporter congratulates them and says “UConn is THE PROGRAM in WCBB, how do you feel about playing them?”. I am thinking cute kid, probably say something like “We’re Really excited about making it, we will play our game and have fun” or something to that effect. BUT NO! The little brat immediately goes “we want to do what UMBC did to Virginia and take them down!” I am like WTF did I just hear and she was like DEAD SERIOUS looking at the report with total intensity! That’s IT- I am wearing my UConn Shirt EVERY DAY THIS WEEK, I am telling them “glad you came, got to play now give me your breakfast, lunch and dinner money....YOU KNOW who your Daddy is don’t ya? :rolleyes:

LOL - Love this response. I will always be supporting my team no matter where I am. Glad to hear you are doing the same. Don't ever think for once that some of these kids would love nothing more than to beat UConn. Most will give the typical political response, however, seems the Towson player was just telling the truth!

Reaction Score
You have to watch out for those Tigers! The school population in general always seems to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders living in the shadow of the University of Maryland. They are a great lacrosse school so the concept of playing in the NCAA's is not that foreign to the student body. They will act like they've been there before. Still should be a comfortable win for the Huskies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You have to watch out for those Tigers! The school population in general always seems to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders living in the shadow of the University of Maryland. They are a great lacrosse school so the concept of playing in the NCAA's is not that foreign to the student body. They will act like they've been there before. Still should be a comfortable win for the Huskies.
If we were playing LAX against Towson, I'd worry. But in roundball, they have no idea what they are getting into.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Rubbed my eyes when I saw Buffalo and Drake as 10 seeds -- they both deserved higher. They are really punishing Drake for that loss to Missouri State. I think they would have been a 5 or 6 if they had won. My alma mater, Mizzou, was convinced by Creme that they would get a 5-seed, but I knew better. So both teams get screwed on their first game -- and the winner gets to play Iowa on their home court, LOL. But the fans might get an interesting game. Mizzou is hurting with Levy out, but a pressing team would be even a tougher matchup. Game plans should be interesting. But I think whoever makes the most threes, wins. Both these teams are capable of shooting the lights out -- or not shooting well at all.

Buffalo has been on fire, Rutgers not so much, plus no Viv.
As you note, Drake is much better than a 10 seed and the Tournament gods did you no favors with this game. I picked Drake in an “upset” but it really is a tossup game. I was really hoping for a 5 seed for Mizzou to go against UCF for the “physicality” sake!
You’re right about your team as some nights they look awesome offensively when hitting 3’s and running and other nights just gawd awful!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Check out this Massey projection. Talk about a tossup!
1553029795418.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom