Most career dunks? | The Boneyard

Most career dunks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Totally meaningless record, but I'm curious to know who has the most career dunks at UConn, and where Amida stands. I wouldn't be surprised if he's closing in on the single-season record.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I have no idea where to find something like that but Donyell would have to be high on the list.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Not sure, but if we were to go from say 1993 to present, I'd assume floating around the top ten would be Brimah, Robinson, Allen, Okafor, Thabeet, Hamilton, Robertson, Dyson, Boone and Armstrong. Some might scoff at Boone and Armstrong being on the list, but the lion's share of their points came on dunks.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would say Oka4 or Yell.
Might also include Donny with all his fast break dunks! or YoA!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Thabeet or Jeff Adrien has to be up there as well.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thabeet but probably not so much Adrien. I don't think he'd crack the top 10.

Reaction Score
If we're talking a single season, Drummond is probably up there. He didn't score a ton in his time here, but it seemed like when he did score, it was almost always a dunk.

caw

Reaction Score
Not sure, but if we were to go from say 1993 to present, I'd assume floating around the top ten would be Brimah, Robinson, Allen, Okafor, Thabeet, Hamilton, Robertson, Dyson, Boone and Armstrong. Some might scoff at Boone and Armstrong being on the list, but the lion's share of their points came on dunks.

I'd guess Freeman ahead of Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of posting something similar last week (I forget what made me think of it). Glad you posted this! I have no idea if we even track dunks, but Brimah is on pace for an amazing amount of dunks in this season. I think he owes D.Ham a gift card or something once the season is over???

We've had some great dunkers over the years. Not sure if our guards would ever be up there in total dunks, despite having some great dunks in their history. Brimah, Drummond, Thabeet, Okafor often got numerous dunks a game based on size. Stanley & Donyell would be up there, but they often worked inside & outside, so less attempts in my opinion. Ray, BG, Boat have had electrifying dunks, but they didn't happen to the extent as our bigs. For a career? Going with Okafor, then Thabeet. Brimah could possibly catch them next year.... but who's counting? ;)

Reaction Score
Has to be Thabeet. 3 year starter who probably scored 70% of his hoops on dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom