Most Asked Question on Boneyard: Who starts? | The Boneyard

Most Asked Question on Boneyard: Who starts?

Reaction Score
Actually, I have no idea if the assertion in the title is true but surely it's one of the most frequent. Often followed by one or more caveats. And that's my question, given these assumptions:
  1. The team and each individual reach their potential and are playing at their best.
  2. No one is hampered by injury or other circumstance that would prevent maximum effort.
  3. The game is for the National Championship. Regulation play has ended in a tie.
  4. The opponent cannot be specified at this time. Just whomever it is.
  5. Nobody is in foul trouble or having an "off night."
  6. It's just this team. Playing at their best. And it's crunch time.
Who starts in overtime?

Reaction Score
Sorry if I was unclear, but the team I'm referring to is the one available this season. So, not including Paige or Ice.

Reaction Score
Nika Azzi Lou Aaliyah Dorka.
Azzi may come off the bench one or two games more to limit her minutes. I will be at the Seton Hall game on Tuesday and very anxious to see who starts and if CD and Ay play.

Reaction Score
As some baseball sage (Yogi?) said, “You gotta dance with who brung ya.”

This principle solves a tricky dilemma. In OT, you only have 5 mins and the team that scores quickest tends to win. Is having fierce clever defenders better than lights out scorers?

By the 4th quarter of games like this both teams are tired, but they’re also playing their best D of the game. They’ve seen to the bottom of each other’s bag of tricks. Neither side can fool the other. At that point, it’s all about nerve and resolve. That says to me go with the season long starters. But if you think D will matter more then I’d choose Caroline over Aubrey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Most Asked Questions on Boneyard?​

My guess, in no particular order:
What channel is the game on?
What time is the game on?
How do I get SNY?
I am out of market. How do I watch SNY games?
How do I post a link?
How do I post a picture?
PM’s? What the heck is that?
Why is the red light on my VCR blinking?
Nika Muhl… Is that woman a menace or what?

Reaction Score
Geno is between a rock and a hard place! With more players coming back from injuries and illnesses,
with the playoffs looming he needs to get his best players time on the court together to get their timing and make then jell on the same page!
So that might mean playing players more time to give them the experience together!
Not ideal but necessary!

Reaction Score
You guys seemed to have overlooked @RegisteredUconn 's point #3 in his OP.

3. The game is for the National Championship. Regulation play has ended in a tie.
He's not asking what to do in regular season games, or even early tournament. We're only talking about the big one, OT in the NC game. Who do you put out on the floor? "It's crunch time."

Reaction Score
The starting lineup is a forgone conclusion at any time: Juhasz, Edwards, Lopez Senechal, Fudd and Muhl,
with Griffin and Ducharme coming off the bench, each capable of scoring 15-20 pts.

Reaction Score
Nika, Azzi, Lou, Dorka, Aaliya..........however, if UConn needed to stop an opposing player who was having a big fourth quarter, then may be Aubrey would be needed to shutdown that player

Reaction Score
I don’t really think there’s much doubt at this particular time. It would be NM, , LS, AE, and DJ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom