Moriah "Rio" Jefferson? | The Boneyard

Moriah "Rio" Jefferson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will Moriah be playing for USA in the Olympics in 2016?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Will Moriah be playing for USA in the Olympics in 2016?
Doubt it. Could she? Maybe. There is still debate (not really on here, but in the BB world) on whether she's the best PG in CBB. Then she has to make the jump to WNBA. Then, be the best (1 or 2) there. She could make it, but I don't think so right now or by 2016. Maybe 2020.

Reaction Score
2020! Her assist to turnover ratio and defense are going to take her far.

Reaction Score
I think it is unlikely that Moriah would play with the national team next year. Whalen, Sims, and Diggins (assuming Sue is not going to play) are the front runners, at the moment, for the PG spots on the team given that they have already experience working with the national team this past year.

I do think she will get invited to the training camp next year, just not make the final team.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If she gets invited, she will make a lot of noise.

It's going to be hard to ignore her.

If she perfects her pull-up that she showed the other day
She will have every conceivable weapon
Not one of the others has the speed, D, driving, 3-point, and pull-up.
Some of them have most, no one else has all.
Could very possibly be that by the end of her senior year, hat she will be the
best point in the land.

Reaction Score
What John Altavilla has to say about Moriah's game last night:

"In my 10 years of writing about UConn women's basketball for this newspaper, I have never seen a kid as spontaneous, creative and entertaining as junior guard Moriah Jefferson. Watching her perform against South Carolina, as if she was plugged into a power strip, was exhilarating and something I won't soon forget. There may bigger, stronger and more physically gifted players in college basketball. But there is no one more exciting than the littlest one."

Pretty high praise, I'd say.

[LINK] to full article

Reaction Score
Not to diminish the performance of any of our superstars last night, but I just haven't been able to stop humming "They Call The Wind Moriah." I'm not complaining, even though I can't get Robert Goulet's voice out of my head.

I know, I know, the title is actually "They Call The Wind Maria," and Goulet covered the song after the fact. But his was the rendition I remember, and he pronounced Maria as Moriah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom