Moriah Jefferson plans WNBA rebirth | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson plans WNBA rebirth

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

“I’m grinding every single day. I’m going to do well,” Jefferson said. “I am super-excited to get back on the court. I never thought I would get the chance to be back home in Dallas, getting to play with a great organization and in front of a great city with amazing fans.​

Reaction Score
Hoping for the best for her, one of the best PG in a long line of best PGs to play for UConn. Just wish she had a few more of her old teammates around her and a few less from, well, you know where.

Reaction Score
I route for her. She was a starin the making before her injuries. I think her role will be a stabilizing playmaker at Dallas. She will have a lot of young weapons to choose from, but she will always be a threat to score her own shot. I still think they need true center to be successful, but they should be high scoring. I hope she can stay healthy and play well in the future

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After 4 National Championships and their selection as the first 3 picks in the 2016 WNBA draft, the Big 3 have all dealt with their share of injuries. I don’t know if Tuck will ever be fully healthy again. We should see Stewie back again this season, hopefully at 100%. It would be wonderful if Mo could get back on the court and play free and healthy as well. She is absolutely one of the most exciting WBB players in the game.

Reaction Score
After 4 National Championships and their selection as the first 3 picks in the 2016 WNBA draft, the Big 3 have all dealt with their share of injuries. I don’t know if Tuck will ever be fully healthy again. We should see Stewie back again this season, hopefully at 100%. It would be wonderful if Mo could get back on the court and play free and healthy as well. She is absolutely one of the most exciting WBB players in the game.
Mo is talented Player and we want back playing for Sun!

Reaction Score
Moriah should have a nice bounce back season. Dallas has a nice coach in Brain Agler. That roster looks solid and fits the style of play that Agler likes to run. The Wings could have a decent season and Mo could most definitely be a nice piece to that puzzle for a successful season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think she is the best on ball defender Uconn has seen. I hope she has a great season.
This post should be an entirely separate thread. Mo is a great on ball defender, no doubt about it. But I remember a game vs USF when Courtney Williams was schooling Mo by driving hard to the baseline and repeatedly knocking down baseline jumpers over Mo, to the point where the Bulls were thinking about an upset. Enter Gabby Williams to guard Courtney Williams. Gabby proceeded to shut down Courtney Williams as well as USF’s upset bid.

The one defensive weakness for Mo was if she got caught in a switch against a Big and was forced to guard them in the paint, or in the case of Courtney Williams, if Mo had to defend a quick guard who could get to the baseline and shoot over her.

Don’t get me wrong. Mo is a great defender. I would rate Gabby as better, simply because of her versatility to guard 1-5 effectively.

Reaction Score
Very good points about Gabby. A great defender in her own right. I agree, she could guard any position. I do not think she could be as disruptive to the other teams offense like Mo could. She could take teams out of there desired offense by totally disrupting guard play. The number of deflections she had per game was amazing. She also made up for her height by being able to jump out of the gym. Oh yeah, Courtney could go off on anyone : ) She continues to prove that. Very streaky.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Man I loved and still do watching Mo run the court! Amazing speed, skill and infectious smile!

I've been on record since Mo was a sophomore, that she is one of my ALL-TIME favorites. We all have our individual favorites for various reasons. As fans, we are simply drawn to certain players more than others.

I became a BIG Moriah Jefferson fan after their game against Baylor in Waco her sophomore year. She balled out that game, and made play after play. Her play was a big reason UConn came away with a win that day.

I remember the look of bewilderment she had on her face at times during her freshman year, that was ultimately replaced with that of a very confidant and determined look. The same look that Crystal had her freshman year.

Mo went on to become one of UConn's most efficient and trustworthy guards in school history. She showed up for every game, and you knew exactly what to expect from her. She was part of (IMO) the most famous class ever at UConn. The class that won 4 national championships. A class that never experienced failure, in that they achieved their ultimate goal of winning the NC every year they were at UConn. A feat no other class can claim.

I look forward to seeing her return to the court. The Wings just happen to be one of my 4 favorite WNBA teams to watch/follow. Good luck Mo. Have a great injury free season. It's nice to have you back. :)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Courtney Williams was about the only player whom Mo struggled to defend. Look at how much WNBA defenders struggle with her. I don't know if Gabby was a better defender, but she was taller and stronger and used those attributes effectively against some very good forwards and centers.

Reaction Score
Mo is talented Player and we want back playing for Sun!

All she would cost you is the #6 pick in the 2016 draft, Jonquel Jones. Quite the bargain for the #2 pick.:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom