Moriah Jefferson loves Vegas, but....... | The Boneyard

Moriah Jefferson loves Vegas, but.......

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
she hates sitting out.

UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Moriah Jefferson has caught the Vegas Golden Knights' fever.

"I went to the game (the opener of the second-round series with the San Jose Sharks) that they won 7-0 and it was incredible," Jefferson said on Sunday. "It was the first hockey game that I had ever been to and I got into it. I know nothing. I started learning a few rules, a few penalties. It was madness."

images

24 second shot clock with Moriah Jefferson

The expansion Golden Knights advanced to the Stanley Cup finals Sunday by finishing off the Winnipeg Jets in five games of the best-of-seven Western Conference final. Jefferson's Las Vegas Aces, who are in their first season in Nevada after relocating from San Antonio, can only dream of similar success.

Jefferson did not play in the Aces' regular season debut, a 101-65 loss to the Connecticut Sun at Mohegan Sun Arena, as she continues to work her way back from right knee surgery. Las Vegas was also without guards Kelsey Plum and Kayla McBride, who are finishing up overseas commitments. But the two-time All-American and four-time national champion at the University of Connecticut is confident the Aces will be in the mix when WNBA playoff berths are being earned in August.

[Story]

Last edited by a moderator:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Unless I missed it, there is no mention of when she will return to the lineup.

Reaction Score
There's so much going on in Vegas that I worry the Aces are going to get lost amongst the crowd. They need to have a good season and make the playoffs. The Golden Knights are setting a pretty high bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom