Morgan Tuck 'Home' in Connecticut | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck 'Home' in Connecticut

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Nice article. Regarding her aspirations, if Morgan were to come out playing like an All Star with this Sun team, she might well be playing for a championship. Morgan has shown flashes of brilliance right along, but she is inconsistent. There were long stretches when she completely went off the rails missing shots that she made in her sleep at UConn. There were also times when she was absolute money. She actually lead the Sun in scoring for a good stretch. I obviously want her to reach her goals (especially if it can happen here in CT).

StorrsCentral.com - For Globetrotting Morgan Tuck, 'Connecticut feels like home'

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I really thought the last season in the WNBA is the first where she looked like her self in terms of mobility. Before becoming a WNBA All-Star, she needs to break into the starting lineup.

I think Miller actually likes her coming off the bench and imho, she really is the 'brain' of the second unit so I am not sure.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I really thought the last season in the WNBA is the first where she looked like her self in terms of mobility. Before becoming a WNBA All-Star, she needs to break into the starting lineup.

I think Miller actually likes her coming off the bench and imho, she really is the 'brain' of the second unit so I am not sure.

No easy task when your starting forwards are Jonquel Jones and Alyssa Thomas, two unique All Star level talents in the league. IF Morgan were to really step it up and force Miller's hand, I could see AT coming off the bench supplying HUGE energy to a pretty great second unit. Seems like that would space the floor better on offense with Chiney in the 5 spot. That could be a consequential decision as I'm sure AT would not be totally OK with a bench role.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No easy task when your starting forwards are Jonquel Jones and Alyssa Thomas, two unique All Star level talents in the league. IF Morgan were to really step it up and force Miller's hand, I could see AT coming off the bench supplying HUGE energy to a pretty great second unit. Seems like that would space the floor better on offense with Chiney in the 5 spot. That could be a consequential decision as I'm sure AT would not be totally OK with a bench role.

I guess my lineup would be JJ at the 5 (in that positionless way that is more prevalent ) but Chiney and Alyssa would be your starting forwards. Morgan will have a hard time breaking into that.

Brionna Jones to me is more of a backup or matchup type player.

Boy, the Sun roster is stacked.

Reaction Score
Five former All Stars, but no true 'superstar' and basketball is a superstar-driven sport at every level.
So true, but remember they are very young. They have several potential superstars. I could see JJ, Alyssa, Chiney, Courtney, and Morgan having several superstar seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom