More Trouble For Rutgers | The Boneyard

More Trouble For Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wait, its #gameday AND Rutgers is in full self-immolation mode?

4ec.jpg

Reaction Score
Dana O'NeilVerified account‏@ESPNDanaOneil
To recap Rutgers recent history: strip FT game, Julie Hermann mess, Mike Rice, Fred Hill, change grade email, home invasion... Big Ten

DanWolken1:47pm via
TweetDeck

You forgot a couple. Hiring a basketball coach without a degree and the Jevon Tyree mess.

No -- much worse than hiring a basketball coach without a degree. Hiring a basketball coach WHO CLAIMED HE HAD A DEGREE FROM YOU AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HE DIDN'T.

Reaction Score
Actually, I am interested in determining how this plays out in Chris Christies New Jersey. Yes, we look at it from a sports perspective, and from New Jersey being a reasonable state with reasonable citizens, but Chris Christie is trying to get a Republican nomination for President (which means reasonable citizens be damned).

Any chance he comes down hard on the Rutgers athletic department, thinking there are fewer New Jerseyians who really care than there are national Republicans who might look at him if he came down hard on "football thugs" (yes -- hear the dog whistle there) committing crimes while the state is paying for their education? Any UConn fan Republican want to suggest to him he shut down the RU athletic programs to sell himselves to Republicans outside the northeast?

Reaction Score
Actually, I am interested in determining how this plays out in Chris Christies New Jersey. Yes, we look at it from a sports perspective, and from New Jersey being a reasonable state with reasonable citizens, but Chris Christie is trying to get a Republican nomination for President (which means reasonable citizens be damned).

Any chance he comes down hard on the Rutgers athletic department, thinking there are fewer New Jerseyians who really care than there are national Republicans who might look at him if he came down hard on "football thugs" (yes -- hear the dog whistle there) committing crimes while the state is paying for their education? Any UConn fan Republican want to suggest to him he shut down the RU athletic programs to sell himselves to Republicans outside the northeast?

Stick to football posts biz.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that Christie is going to defer to Rutgers president Barchi as he's Christie's hand picked guy to manage the merger of different schools under the Rutger's banner. I think it's pretty unlikely you'll hear from the governor on a disciplinary matter at the state university under almost any circumstance. I can't imagine Christie being dumb enough to touch this steaming pile a poo with a ten foot poll.

It's all moot though. Christie bid is on life support regardless.

Reaction Score
Their premium board is in full meltdown mode, and the season hasn't even started! They're going to lose some recruits and their coach and AD won't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom