More timely stats... | The Boneyard

More timely stats...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
..and I think they're actually correct this time. Download the per-40 spreadsheet here.

This is a UConn team the likes of which I have not seen before. Nearly the same number of fast break points as the opponent, more TOs than the opponent, same number of assists, nearly the same number of shot attempts (and that only because they got 2-3 rebounds on a number of offensive ends), only 3 steals (2 of them by a freshman sub), only 2 players with FT attempts...

It is more exciting, I'll give them that. And I'm impressed the freshmen and non-starter seniors stay cool under pressure and perform. To wit:

Despite a surprisingly (to me) passive game offensively, Kyla remains the team lead in: FG%, 3FG%, A/TO, Fouls/40, TO/40 and 2nd in A/40.

Molly is second in FG%, 3FG%, Fouls/40, 3rd in A/TO.

Ania is second in A/TO, 1st in A/40, 3rd in TO/40, 4th in Fouls/40

Reaction Score
Hi JRRRJ,

Your pivot-table-driven workbook is beyond excellent.:)

Is it possible for the non-per-40 minutes table, to add points and rebounds PER game? Just asking.:rolleyes:

If it is not easy, please don't bother. (I find pivot tables rather sensitive to certain things.)

Reaction Score
I appreciate your work.

I did find an error that can be easily fixed. If you use the opponent filter to see the stats for just one game, you get divide by zero errors in your per 40 section. It's because you use static cells for the number of games and number of minutes. As you know, you don't know how many players are going to play in the game.

My suggestion to fix this is add these two formulas to "hidden" cells to give you the number of games and the number of minutes or you could paste the below formulas directly into your calculation formulas.

Games....=VLOOKUP("Uconn",A5:R16,18,1)
Minutes...=VLOOKUP("Uconn",A5:R16,2,0)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Hi JRRRJ,

Your pivot-table-driven workbook is beyond excellent.:)

Is it possible for the non-per-40 minutes table, to add points and rebounds PER game? Just asking.:rolleyes:

If it is not easy, please don't bother. (I find pivot tables rather sensitive to certain things.)

Thanks for the kudos.

Not sure what you're asking: RB/game are in the L, M, N columns from row 35 to row 46. Points/game are in column U of the same rows. If not that, what are you looking for?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I appreciate your work.

I did find an error that can be easily fixed. If you use the opponent filter to see the stats for just one game, you get divide by zero errors in your per 40 section. It's because you use static cells for the number of games and number of minutes. As you know, you don't know how many players are going to play in the game.

My suggestion to fix this is add these two formulas to "hidden" cells to give you the number of games and the number of minutes or you could paste the below formulas directly into your calculation formulas.

Games....=VLOOKUP("Uconn",A5:R16,18,1)
Minutes...=VLOOKUP("Uconn",A5:R16,2,0)

Thanks for the heads-up on the divide-by-zero problem. I fixed it another way, because it allows me to still be warned when certain errors occur in my data entry. Tried it with a few combinations of included games and they all were OK. Please continue to let me know when ugliness or inaccuracy occurs!

The corrected spreadsheet has been uploaded to the usual place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom