More Than The Score: UConn Weightlifting | The Boneyard

More Than The Score: UConn Weightlifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like conditioning is not an issue. Other than the workouts and the big weights lifted one thing I noticed is the serious tone. Go back to the video of the pasqualoni video and they look like they are hanging out in the weight room just relaxed. In the valid video its completion and pain. Definitely a different aura

Reaction Score
I knew from the moment UConn hired Balis, our Strength and Conditioning aspect of the team would improve drastically. With stints at Miss. State, Florida, and Virginia, I believed that the P5 experience would help The Huskies in the long run for getting stronger. From videos I watched of Balis and his teams in the weight room, I could see the intensity that he brought for every player to individually get better to form a great team. I'm hopeful that within the next year or two, we could have a team of Geremy Davis/ Byron Jones-type frames for build. Once we get that part of the game down, I think our schemes and implementations of plays can become a lot more effective. I'm extremely optimistic from what I've heard this off-season that results could appear as soon as the next 20+ hours.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Balis is a dead ringer for Jason Beghe , Hank Voight from Chicago PD. Awesome. :)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Any insight on how BD got Balis to leave the SEC for UConn? Do they have past history together? Was he unhappy at Miss St? (which would be understandable...I live in the south but I wouldn't live in Miss.)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They worked together at Virginia. Not sure why he saw UConn as a better opportunity than Miss St but it doesn't really matter to me.

Reaction Score
This is Balis's second year? Did he arrive with HCBD last season?

Reaction Score
Matt oversees all of the sports strength and conditioning. This might be a step up from Mississippi State. Not sure if it was football focused down there or all of the athletic department.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Matt oversees all of the sports strength and conditioning. This might be a step up from Mississippi State. Not sure if it was football focused down there or all of the athletic department.

Just football at Miss. State, I believe. He probably gets paid much more in his role here.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
And having the top-rated Kinesiology department as well? Couldn't hurt, might help...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Two words: Dairy Bar
Perhaps, but something tells me that the Dairy Bar would be counterproductive to what he is trying to do here. sure, it'll help the kids add weight but the damage it will do to conditioning would be a catastrophic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom