More seating for Michigan game | The Boneyard

More seating for Michigan game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
"Michigan had originally requested that the game be moved from the East Hartford stadium to a bigger venue. However, the state of Connecticut, which owns the 40,000-seat Rentschler Field, requires that the Huskies play all of its home football games there through June 30, 2023."

Really? Knew about us being firm for this game, but are we really locked in to the Rent through '23? Would think the school would like to have options.

Reaction Score
There are legislative procedures that would permit the State to amend its draconian "Home Games exclusively at The Rent" requirement. Heck, The State can even amend its Constitution.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the State gave the green light to play neutral games against Notre Dame but I could have very well dreamt that. I imagine that if UConn is going to grow, they'll need to play a high profile game away from the Rent if expanding our stadium is not in the short-term plans.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the State gave the green light to play neutral games against Notre Dame but I could have very well dreamt that. I imagine that if UConn is going to grow, they'll need to play a high profile game away from the Rent if expanding our stadium is not in the short-term plans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3364007

"It also requires UConn to play at least six other home games during those seasons at Rentschler Field, as long as the NCAA rules permit a 12-game season and permits a team to use one Football Championship Subdivision win per season as a bowl-eligible win."

Politicians... After this grandstanding charade by East Hartford legislators - ND told us thanks but no thanks on series.

Reaction Score
I'd like to know where the additional 2K seating is to be located. My hunch is that temporary bleachers will be erected on the concourse under the scoreboard to accomodate Wolverine fans & keep them near the visitors section. UConn could easily add additional seating on the field behind each endzone. The gates to such mythical areas are already in place. A game of this magnitude would ensure a sellout of this seating. Too bad that the powers that be have no vision. UConn could easily get close to 50,000 capacity for this event.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd like to know where the additional 2K seating is to be located. My hunch is that temporary bleachers will be erected on the concourse under the scoreboard to accomodate Wolverine fans & keep them near the visitors section. UConn could easily add additional seating on the field behind each endzone. The gates to such mythical areas are already in place. A game of this magnitude would ensure a sellout of this seating. Too bad that the powers that be have no vision. UConn could easily get close to 50,000 capacity for this event.

My guess is either side of the scoreboard. I am sure if they sell enough tickets they would add more on the field.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My guess is either side of the scoreboard. I am sure if they sell enough tickets they would add more on the field.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Definitely both sides of scoreboard. This was discussed a long time ago, I linked photos of rutgers using temp seating before their stadium was expanded. If they want to sell more tickets, I think they'd have to investigate bringing the bands down onto the field. I would guess that they won't seat fans on the field for security purposes. This will be a good problem for us to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom