More perspective.....that nobody wants to hear.... | The Boneyard

More perspective.....that nobody wants to hear....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're in a long stretch back and it will take at least through next season to come out the other end. TJ is doing his best in a difficult situation. For most of his career he's been a position coach and now he's OC and IHC. To expect miracles is not realistic.

The next coach will use next season to set up a possible bowl eligible team for 2015. This and next season will be used to develop young folks, especially Tim Boyle, to get ready two seasons down the road. We had better hope that P recruited better than he coached.

Do not expect a run next season. We loose two very experienced OTs and I would not be surprised, given the physical specimen that he is, if Davis tests the NFL waters. He runs 4.5 of better I think he has a chance. We do not have a workhorse back or playmakers other than Philips.

On defense, Smallwood goes into the draft and we are as sparse as I can ever remember at the LB slots. I just don't see the next Wilson, Lansanah, Lutrus, Sio, Smallwood. Follow the stars all you want, Stewart has eons to go before he gets mentioned with that group.

It's going to take a lot of patience and a very good coach......

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
I am not as optimistic. I think 3 years to start to become competitive. Regardless of who the new head coach is he will struggle to keep some of the recruits already committed. Hopefully he will be able to bring a number of recruits with him, or find some quality players who have had strong senior seasons and had not been heavily recruited by other programs willing to participate in a rebuilding project. Realistically his first recruiting class won't be until next year and these players will be Redshirt Freshmen 3 years from now. The 4th and 5th years out should be solid competitive years.

The change of HC from Pasqualoni to Weist has proven that although coaching was a problem the talent level of this team is definitely lacking. Developing some of the younger players under a competent coaching staff should help but I still think it will be a long slog. 4 and 5 Star recruits will have to have a hard sell to join a rebuiding program in the AAC. That will be the chalenge ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom