More on Napheesa | The Boneyard

More on Napheesa

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looks new to me. Thanks

I like this quote from Reeves after a tough game by Pheesa

“She’s had a hard time today,” said Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve postgame. “But the one thing she’ll always do is she’ll keep playing. She’ll try to deflect, she’ll try to rebound, and you know, all the little things. She’s always going to compete.”

Reaction Score
I've always liked pheesa since her first game freshman year. I don't like to compare or rank players all that much (I'm not all that good at it for one thing) but she was always my favorite player in that class. So nice to watch her continuing growth. And she's a better woman than she is a baller (and that's a comparison I'm not reluctant to make).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looks new to me. Thanks

I like this quote from Reeves after a tough game by Pheesa

“She’s had a hard time today,” said Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve postgame. “But the one thing she’ll always do is she’ll keep playing. She’ll try to deflect, she’ll try to rebound, and you know, all the little things. She’s always going to compete.”

EVERYONE has an "off" day once in a while. I look at every box score from every game that's played to see who's doing what. Yesterday, Kristi Tolliver (Washington Mystics) had 32 points in an 8 point win over the Lynx. You knew she was "on" early in the game. She had 12 points in the first quarter. The Sunday before that game, she had 4 points against the Dream. Most players in the league ride that roller coaster. 18 points today, 5 tomorrow. You can only hope you have more goods than bad. Remember, Collier had her breakout game her first game of the season with 27 pts against the Sky.

Collier learns something new every time she steps onto the court. Her teammates love her, as do her coaches and the Lynx fans. Reeve knows what she's going to get from Collier every game. That's one of the reasons she get the minutes she does. “That’s what’s fun about the WNBA, there’s so many games in such a short amount of time,” Collier said. She already has her first double-double against Phoenix. Collier’s whirlwind rookie season continues this weekend in Las Vegas."

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"As far as her off the court changes, “Making money’s pretty nice,” Collier says with a smile. But she also enjoys Minneapolis, having her own apartment and much more free time than she did before entering the league. “I can do whatever I want all day,” she said."

I guess at this point Phee does not have a problem with how much she is earning. :) I trust she won't be as immature as I was. Bought a flash car. Rented a highrise apartment. Etc., etc., etc. Oops! How is it my fixed expenditures are exceeding my gross income? :(:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom