More on "breakaway" | The Boneyard

More on "breakaway"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The "haves" are plotting their move....like a group of bikes in a break away in the Tour 'd France, their aim is to use each other to pull ahead of the pack. I find it somewhat interesting that a Wake Forest guy chairs the committee. The least of the haves...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...g-provide-wealthier-conferences-more-autonomy

"A seven-member steering committee with the NCAA's Division I Board of Directors is working to provide wealthier conferences with "a range" of autonomy -- namely the freedom to provide athletes the full cost of scholarships -- and hopes to have a new structure in place by August, said the board's chair, Wake Forest president Nathan Hatch.

"We're not talking about full autonomy," Hatch told ESPN.com. "We're talking about a range of issues."

Hatch said he is confident change is imminent.

Reaction Score
The "haves" are plotting their move....like a group of bikes in a break away in the Tour 'd France, their aim is to use each other to pull ahead of the pack. I find it somewhat interesting that a Wake Forest guy chairs the committee. The least of the haves...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...g-provide-wealthier-conferences-more-autonomy

Good analogy. And the way you pull in a break is to get the rest of the peloton organized and pull. The AAC needs to get its act together to protect itself and probably work with the MWC share the work.
"A seven-member steering committee with the NCAA's Division I Board of Directors is working to provide wealthier conferences with "a range" of autonomy -- namely the freedom to provide athletes the full cost of scholarships -- and hopes to have a new structure in place by August, said the board's chair, Wake Forest president Nathan Hatch.

"We're not talking about full autonomy," Hatch told ESPN.com. "We're talking about a range of issues."

Hatch said he is confident change is imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom