More on Aaron Hernandez (Rolling Stone) | The Boneyard

More on Aaron Hernandez (Rolling Stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As the NCAA has set a precedent by penalizing (almost death penalty) a program (Penn State) for criminal actions, why is there nothing about the NCAA looking into Urban Myer and the U Florida regarding several incidents that took place while Aaron Hernandez was in Gainesville? Does the NCAA even investigate anything that takes place in the SEC? Or is the NCAA too busy carrying out grudges in Storrs to care?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...n-hernandez-alleges-heavy-user-012134167.html

“and that Hernandez's college coach Urban Meyer "..may have" helped failed drug tests and two violent incidents when Hernandez was at the University of Florida."

Reaction Score
The Rolling Stone article mentions UCONN many times. A great read. Sad story.

Reaction Score
what a phenomenal, deep piece. Really give you an idea of the torment this kid endured. Yes, what he has done is terrible. Yes, he could have gone down 1000 different paths(see DJ). But overall the takeaway is this: When you are emotionally wrecked as a juvenile by circumstance and terrible parenting, that sticks with you your whole life.

Reaction Score
There was a list of six "revelations" from the rolling stone article that i read on twitter. Of the six, the only thing i didnt know about was lengths urban meyer went to cover up for ah. Also didnt know that ah was on the verge of being cut by the pats, but it was common knowledge he was using pcp and gettint into all kinds of .s

Reaction Score
http://www.cmcsb.com/pcpangel.htm

"In toxic doses, the user can become hostile and violent, acting in a bizarre or psychotic manner. They may attempt to assault other people, or to harm themselves through self-mutilation or suicide."

Should have stuck with weed.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
“and that Hernandez's college coach Urban Meyer "..may have" helped failed drug tests and two violent incidents when Hernandez was at the University of Florida."
Either he did or he didn't. "May have" is not journalism and shouldn't have been published. The rest of the piece was good.

Reaction Score
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

A Connecticut Story.

We do play in this often. The Rocco Testa story is one I knew from my years in Connecticut ... and its eery how the twin Hernandez brothers were connected with that crap way back when.

I do not think Florida is accurately told; they got whitewashed in this Rolling Stone story. I believe AH sunk further and further away from home. He needed a good strong path &, in my view, that was being with his better behaved brother DJ. That was yanked away ... obviously ... post-Dennis's death. He gravitated away from all the good his Dad had done. It is a Connecticut Story ... and I'm not sure I like playing "what coulda happened". He is a mess from all that Rolling Stone reports.

Reaction Score
There was a list of six "revelations" from the rolling stone article that i read on twitter. Of the six, the only thing i didnt know about was lengths urban meyer went to cover up for ah. Also didnt know that ah was on the verge of being cut by the pats, but it was common knowledge he was using pcp and gettint into all kinds of .s

Maybe I am out of the loop, but it was common knowledge that AH was regularly using Angel Dust? All these "breaking news" reports about that have come out in the last 24-48 hours.

Reaction Score
Aaron Hernandez absolutely should be accountable for his crimes.

That said, in light of what the NCAA did to Penn State, if Urban Myer and U Florida knew about potential major crimes (not drug use) during his time at Florida and did nothing or actively helped cover it up, U Florida and Urban need to be held to the same ‘rules’ as Penn State was and should be penalized accordingly. My concern is that there has been not a peep from the NCAA (guess our fiend Emmert is too busy trying to save his job right now to care) to date. This is very concerning in light of the NCAA’s history of picking and choosing which rules it wants to enforce and which programs it wants to punish.

This entire sage just sucks.

Reaction Score
"Friends called the people gangsters and even Hernandez expressed concern, according to the magazine. In February, according to the report, he flew to the NFL combine in Indianapolis to tell Belichick that his life was in danger. He had been carrying a gun, fearing that the people he had been hanging out with were going to kill him."

"Belichick told Hernandez then that he had better lay low and that any more problems would result in the tight end being cut. Hernandez rented an apartment in Franklin, Mass., according to the report, creating distance from the North Attleborough mansion where he'd entertained the rough crowd."

Thanks for your help, Bill.

Reaction Score
Maybe I am out of the loop, but it was common knowledge that AH was regularly using Angel Dust? All these "breaking news" reports about that have come out in the last 24-48 hours.
People in ct def knew about it. The stuff about the mom and nieces husband was out ther too.e

Reaction Score
Boy, they really make Florida look like a 24-hour prayer sanctuary in this article.

Coaches covering their behinds. Looking at Urban's history there's no way they did half of the stuff they claimed to do.

Reaction Score
what a phenomenal, deep piece. Really give you an idea of the torment this kid endured. Yes, what he has done is terrible. Yes, he could have gone down 1000 different paths(see DJ). But overall the takeaway is this: When you are emotionally wrecked as a juvenile by circumstance and terrible parenting, that sticks with you your whole life.

The same magazine that immortalized the marathon bomber won't be getting any online hits from me...

Also - sounds like you are making excuses for this scum when you say 'the torment this kid endured.' Please - grow up, you make millions playing football, how hard is it not to hang out with low lifes. He's a dumb ass and that's about all he is. NOT a tormented kid.

Reaction Score
Should have gone to UConn. Said that a long time ago. Obviously didn't listen. Let that be a lesson to other blue chippers out there.

As for AH - "Please, grow up, you make millions playing football, how hard is it not to hang out with low lifes. He's a dumb ass and that's about all he is. NOT a tormented kid." Needed to leave the homies behind.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yah, that caught my eye too. Never heard of it before. The Pats obviously hadn't either, being as they gave him a big contract a year ago. I mean, they'd probably have had a problem with that, no?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"Friends called the people gangsters and even Hernandez expressed concern, according to the magazine. In February, according to the report, he flew to the NFL combine in Indianapolis to tell Belichick that his life was in danger. He had been carrying a gun, fearing that the people he had been hanging out with were going to kill him."

"Belichick told Hernandez then that he had better lay low and that any more problems would result in the tight end being cut. Hernandez rented an apartment in Franklin, Mass., according to the report, creating distance from the North Attleborough mansion where he'd entertained the rough crowd."

Thanks for your help, Bill.

I don't know how much to buy about Belichick in this story. All you had to do was read the attribution "WITH RON BORGES" to know that the story would paint BB in the worst light possible. That guy has as big an ax to grind as Dan Wetzel and UConn MCBB. If there's one thing Ron Borges means to do at this stage in life (outside of plagiarizing) it's kill BB by any means necessary. I hear Aaron Hernandez is available.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
People in ct def knew about it. The stuff about the mom and nieces husband was out ther too.e

Yet no one in the NFL, Pats organization, Media, etc had a clue? That doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

Reaction Score
The BB part is almost laughable.if he was on the verge of being cut, why did the team wait over a week to cut him when rumors began swirling?

As secretive as that organization is about everything, who is the source on this "private meeting"? The guy in jail or the coach who guards everything so closely?

Ron Bogus at it again.

Reaction Score
The entire NFL knew he had problems. Of course the Pats knew. They are not naive.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Urban Meyer is the biggest slime coach in all of sports. Sadly (and I hope not), his thug gangsta program is going to follow him up north and it won't take long before we begin reading about Ohio State players involved in shootings and murder.

Reaction Score
While well written from Rolling Stone's point of view, there are some holes in this article:

How is Hernandez owed an $82k bonus if he was missing all of these off season workouts? What leg does the NFLPA have to stand on and grieve this in his favor?

With as strict a drug testing policy as the NFL has engaged in, and as much as Roger Godell has seemingly enjoyed punishing players, why didn't he fail a test if he was so doped up?

No real sources on what actually happened at Florida and Meyer's role in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom