More Intentionality or More Chip | The Boneyard

More Intentionality or More Chip

Reaction Score
If you were the best female basketball player in the NCAA and had to miss more than a season and a half of the game you love, you'd have an edge too........it may take a bit of time but I expect some historic games from PB this season if she can just stay healthy......

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
it may take a bit of time but I expect some historic games from PB this season if she can just stay healthy......

Idk abt anyone else but watching the games this year will bring added anxiety and dramatically increase my heartbeat rate if any of the women are slow to get up after a fall, push, bad step, bang , or no contact. I still remember the terrible screams amongst the complete silence whn Shea went down (That game still haunts me). I thk teams will play aggressively against the team this year bcus thts always their game plan against UConn. As always prayers for a safe and injury free season.

Reaction Score
I have seen a few injuries like the one Paige suffered against ND and every one of them turned out to be an ACL. When hers turned out to be something else I was shocked but pleasantly surprised that is was something less severe. When it was announced she had torn her ACL I went back to that initial injury and felt like maybe some damage was done then that ultimately made the knee less stable.

So with those non medical thoughts in my mind I am not worried about Paige this year because I think she finally got the problem fixed. She will have a great year and career to follow.

Reaction Score
As I have stated before,Paige has something to prove to everyone........That she is the best BB player in Women's BB. Paige wants the NC ring that was suppose to be hers in 22 and 23, that her injuries kept her from getting. I, among many others, predict Paige will have a unbelieveable year in every facet of the game. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yes, Paige has something to prove. First, that she is healthy and can be injury free. Second, that she is still the same player that she was in her freshman year. Or maybe better.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Even though Caitlin Clark has earned her accolades, I am hoping that Paige returns with a vengeance and with Azzi, Nika, Caroline, KK and Aaliyah on the floor with her, that she exceeds her freshman season in every aspect of her game and is NPOY, unanimously. There is no reason why each of these guys can't average double digits with Paige and Azzi averaging 20+.
Oops, my mushrooms are wearing off...:):eek::rolleyes:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
As I have stated before,Paige has something to prove to everyone........That she is the best BB player in Women's BB. Paige wants the NC ring that was suppose to be hers in 22 and 23, that her injuries kept her from getting. I, among many others, predict Paige will have a unbelieveable year in every facet of the game. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Sorry, I disagree Paige has nothing to prove to anyone other than herself. Her play will explain to all, including Geno, where her rehab and gamesmanship have taken her. All of her fans, team-mates, coaches and opponents will soon know that Paige is back and hungry as ever. I wait with bated breath for Paige's return, however she has nothing to prove to me.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
here's another thing you could worry about

i'm not pessimistic about paige's health, so i can be cautious about her return: there is a danger that she will follow geno's counsel and be so outrageously outstanding that not only will fans and foes be agog but also her teammates ... and that may be bad for them should they start waiting for paige's magic show.

i think the upperclass guys, at least, have learned that isn't a wise move. ...
but BYers could be fretting about that doubtful danger -- a change of pace for our pessimistic posters.

Reaction Score
Paige has showed a wealth of ability in the contests we have been lucky enough to see. The old timers used to say that the greatest ability is availability (see Cal Ripkin). Paige has not been able to show us that and I hope that she can shed that monkey starting in two weeks. Same for Azzi and Caroline. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
It occurs to me, that we have, at minimum, two players who are capable of putting up video game like numbers every game of the season. I realize UConn is not known for individual record breaking performances but Paige and Azzi, in particular, are such gifted shooters that it would not be surprising to see either of them go off for a 40-50 point night! I know Geno usually pulls his players in these kind of situations but I wonder if, considering the brutal two year nightmare this team has endured, he might not be a tad more likely to let them put up some kind of marker to say, “those days are over, we are coming for #12 and more”!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It occurs to me, that we have, at minimum, two players who are capable of putting up video game like numbers every game of the season. I realize UConn is not known for individual record breaking performances but Paige and Azzi, in particular, are such gifted shooters that it would not be surprising to see either of them go off for a 40-50 point night! I know Geno usually pulls his players in these kind of situations but I wonder if, considering the brutal two year nightmare this team has endured, he might not be a tad more likely to let them put up some kind of marker to say, “those days are over, we are coming for #12 and more”!
There have been games in which I felt Paige took it upon herself to cool her shooting jets, much to my chagrin. Never had that feeling with Azzi.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I disagree Paige has nothing to prove to anyone other than herself. Her play will explain to all, including Geno, where her rehab and gamesmanship have taken her. All of her fans, team-mates, coaches and opponents will soon know that Paige is back and hungry as ever. I wait with bated breath for Paige's return, however she has nothing to prove to me.
Sorry to disagree with you. My intent in my statement is that many posters were of the opinion that Paige was too fragile and injury prone to play BB at Uconn. What Paige has to prove that in her rehabilitation she gained muscle and endurance to play all out. I know that she has the ability to repeat her freshman year, but now she will show she is not fragile or injury prone. Paige really looks like she has bulked up. That is great. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
here's another thing you could worry about

i'm not pessimistic about paige's health, so i can be cautious about her return: there is a danger that she will follow geno's counsel and be so outrageously outstanding that not only will fans and foes be agog but also her teammates ... and that may be bad for them should they start waiting for paige's magic show.

i think the upperclass guys, at least, have learned that isn't a wise move. ...
but BYers could be fretting about that doubtful danger -- a change of pace for our pessimistic posters.

No matter what Geno says UConn is not going to look like Iowa. Bueckers is surrounded by scorers, something she didn't have much of as a freshman. And defenses will already be helping on her so there will be open teammates who are very efficient scorers.

Reaction Score
Unlike some, I am not expecting Paige to set the world on fire right out of the gate (I hope I'm wrong). If she scores something like 10 points in a 20 minute game I will not jump off the ledge. We all may be setting our expectations too high. We could be greatly disappointed, then again, maybe not.

Reaction Score
Par for the course here. Great expectations followed by wailing and gnashing of teeth if the ever elusive "perfection" is not achieved.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree with you. My intent in my statement is that many posters were of the opinion that Paige was too fragile and injury prone to play BB at Uconn. What Paige has to prove that in her rehabilitation she gained muscle and endurance to play all out. I know that she has the ability to repeat her freshman year, but now she will show she is not fragile or injury prone. Paige really looks like she has bulked up. That is great. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
No disrespect, however, I stand by my post. We both want the same result; we will view Paige's play as it unfolds. I as many I expect will enjoy her being back on the court. If you want to think she has anything to prove to you, OK. For me, I just want her back doing what she loves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom