More info on Taurasi’s injury | The Boneyard

More info on Taurasi’s injury

Reaction Score
Mercury star Diana Taurasi was becoming 'miserable human being' before back surgery

Before the surgery, she said her right leg had atrophied so severely that it was 30-35% of its normal size.
"Pain is one thing. I can play through pain," Taurasi said. "The (leg) weakness, they won’t even let you on the court. That was a lot different than, oh my ankle hurts, I’m going to play."

Reaction Score
Mercury star Diana Taurasi was becoming 'miserable human being' before back surgery

Before the surgery, she said her right leg had atrophied so severely that it was 30-35% of its normal size.
"Pain is one thing. I can play through pain," Taurasi said. "The (leg) weakness, they won’t even let you on the court. That was a lot different than, oh my ankle hurts, I’m going to play."

Interesting comments from DT on the WNBA CBA negotiations and what player salaries would need to be to keep the players from going overseas in basketball season:

On how much WNBA salaries need to increase to keep top players from playing year-round

"It’s something Sue (Bird) and I talk about all the time. What would be the number that would have kept us here in the United States? Would it have been $200,000, $300,000 to say you know what I’m going to stay in Dallas instead of going to Turkey, I’m going to stay in Vegas instead of going to China, I’m going to stay in Phoenix and get ready and maximize everything I can do here in the United States rather than go to Russia.

"That number has to be presented and it really has to be looked at if we want to move forward. I don’t know what that number is any more. I know what my number would have been, and they wouldn’t have been able to get there. Maybe they shouldn’t ask me."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On 2018 WNBA MVP Breanna Stewart's season-ending injury playing overseas

"What a devastating injury for Stewie. Not many people have been able to do what she did in 12 months. She was at a certain point in her career where you can just see it trending to a place where you start putting her in the ranks with the greatest, which I don’t doubt she’ll be. It’s devastating.

"She actually stayed in our house in Los Angeles for a couple of days. If there is one person that might come back even better, it’s Stewie. There’s certain people that basketball matters more than anything else in life, and she’s one of those people. That’s why she’s been able to get where she is because she wants to be the best basketball player ever."

#HuskyFam

Reaction Score
Interesting comments from DT on the WNBA CBA negotiations and what player salaries would need to be to keep the players from going overseas in basketball season:

On how much WNBA salaries need to increase to keep top players from playing year-round

"It’s something Sue (Bird) and I talk about all the time. What would be the number that would have kept us here in the United States? Would it have been $200,000, $300,000 to say you know what I’m going to stay in Dallas instead of going to Turkey, I’m going to stay in Vegas instead of going to China, I’m going to stay in Phoenix and get ready and maximize everything I can do here in the United States rather than go to Russia.

"That number has to be presented and it really has to be looked at if we want to move forward. I don’t know what that number is any more. I know what my number would have been, and they wouldn’t have been able to get there. Maybe they shouldn’t ask me."
The real question: Where is that 250,000 (splitting the bullet) coming from for 75 players (or so) to get the big bucks when those sitting in seats or viewing on TV isn't up to NBA standards. TV is where the money is.
In Europe the money is in the Corporations supporting teams--the cushy life Sue and DT had on Russian teams won't be felt on a USA team.
My bet is: If paid 250,000 as a USA, they'd then play in europe for that big bucks there too. More avid WBB fans in Europe more reason to follow the "local" WBB teams.
DT has had a bad back since 2001 or earlier. Bad backs are common. If it can be fixed by surgery (????) good luck to her..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom