More conference realignment news | The Boneyard

More conference realignment news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That is not a conference I would have any interest in, but for the other teams it might at least be a stop gap.

Reaction Score
I wonder what effect a merger like this or other major team movement in or out of the Big East will have on the 27 month notice requirement. Enforcing it might create more problems scheduling etc. The B12 teams wouldn't want to to wait 27 months, they will need to move the coming season. Any TV deal, which I have heard that the BE was still working on could also be delayed by not knowing who was in the league. It probably would be in the BE best interest to just wave the notice requirements. They point of notice is generally to allow time to get a replacement. It's like an apartment rental, if you have someone waiting to move in than than the notice is irrellevant. In this case there seem to be more wanting to move in than are actually leaving.

Perhaps the answer is the leaving schools could sublet their spots to the incoming schools until the contract actually expires. LOL :D

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
kinda OT:

this is why our economy is the ....GREED and the stupidity of the little train that couldn't---always thinking "if I do what they do, I'll be rich too"

have this baboons even thought about the travel expenses for competition, let alone recruiting?

on second thought, maybe having geographically "divided" conference such as this would be beneficial to recruiting for all members of each conference. You will have fewer fish in a much bigger pond if you just made all the conferences go to this setup! then you'd just recruit against other conference teams more so than your own:D

Reaction Score
I wonder what the new conference encorporating the remnants of the other two conferences would be called. The Big Blob?

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
Leftovers

Now Bear, that's just plain mean;) How about the Big East/Midwest? Almost could be the Big Transcontinental, but not quite. Hey! By the time it all shakes out they could be the BIG 12!!!

I think this would be a great thread for jdub to start:cool:

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
I wonder what the new conference encorporating the remnants of the other two conferences would be called. The Big Blob?
The CBC....Catholic Basketball Conference....St Johns, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, DePaul, and Notre Dame

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
OK it needs to be more subtle. LAC. Leftover Athletic Conference. Given the Catholic school roots of the Big East and it being all about money maybe Little Sisters of the Poor Athletic Conference would work and the new broad geography, L(e)SPAC'd (Less Packed).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The CBC....Catholic Basketball Conference....St Johns, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, DePaul, and Notre Dame
They should just stick with CYO-AC.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score

Surely BC would receive a message from God to bolt there from the ACC or face eternal damnation, huh ?

I never knew G'town was a Catholic school. Duh, I guess.

Reaction Score
FWIW, the Big East remnants would be absorbed in the Big 12 to maintain the new conference's BCS status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom