More Butler stuff | The Boneyard

More Butler stuff

Reaction Score
She leads the NCAA in rebounds (139) and double doubles (9). She is 3rd in the NCAA in RPG averaging 13.9.
Butler leads her team in PPG (18.6), FG% (53) and BPG (1.9).
If anyone sees Butler's games on TV or other media, please post.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She leads the NCAA in rebounds (139) and double doubles (9). She is 3rd in the NCAA in RPG averaging 13.9.

She's back in the comfort of "her" brier patch", and it appears to agree with her. I'm very happy to hear that she is doing well, and enjoying the success she's having to date. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good for her. She was a double-double machine her Fr. year at Georgetown back when the Big East was still the real Big East. Didn't work out that well at UConn but she has abilities to play the game of basketball.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Can she transfer back to UConn without redshirting? :)

She IS a graduate student soooooo ..... ;) But she better hurry before the next semester.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy for Butler who seemed like a great teammate and worked real hard AT&T he time she was at UConn. The way UConn plays just didn't seem the right fit but she can clearly play!

Reaction Score
Will Butler get drafted by the WNBA? Get a shot? Will they consider the UConn Butler to be the real Butler, or will they think that the George Mason Butler might be what they'll get in the WNBA? I recall that Marist College's Rachel Fitz really tore up her league and put up big numbers relative to the NCAA. But she never caught on in the pro-league.

Wonder about Butler....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Will Butler get drafted by the WNBA? Get a shot? Will they consider the UConn Butler to be the real Butler, or will they think that the George Mason Butler might be what they'll get in the WNBA? I recall that Marist College's Rachel Fitz really tore up her league and put up big numbers relative to the NCAA. But she never caught on in the pro-league.

Wonder about Butler....

Unfortunately, I do not see it. Her athleticism is questionable at that level and if we use Dolson as an athletically challenged cmeasuring stick, Steph could do a lot more than Natalie in terms of passing, hands, screening and outside shooting. I have not seen the GM games except for a few snippets but Natalie is doing the vast majority of her work inside feasting on mostly smaller players. I think she may have a good shot at international ball if she wants it.

Reaction Score
I recall that Marist College's Rachel Fitz really tore up her league and put up big numbers relative to the NCAA. But she never caught on in the pro-league.

Wonder about Butler....

There were two signicantly differences between Fitz and Butler:

1. Fitz was only 6-0 tall - but her game was mostly close to the basket.
2. While Fitz scored about as much as Butler is doing this year, she was a significantly worse rebounder. Also did not block as many shots as Butler

HGN

Reaction Score
It's good to see Nat putting all that UConn training to good use:)....I for one am very happy for her.
She's getting minutes and her confidence has grown.

With Gabby and Z probably playing in front of her she may not have gotten all the minutes she is now getting.

But regardless of minutes or opportunity , I am happy for her. She appeared to be a good teammate and person.

GO NATALIE!!

Reaction Score
Apparently Natalie has found the perfect fit for her talent. Great news, congratulations, how to go Ms Butler!!

Reaction Score

Wonder about Butler....

This is a deep draft but I think there is an outside chance she goes in the later picks on account of being 6'5.

I have a hard time seeing her matched up against the level of skill and athleticism of WNBA centers. Ruth Hamblin from Oregon St had a much better college career but couldn't get much traction on a Dallas team very thin in the post. I think Nat could have a nice career overseas though.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the right fit for a person is as a big fish in a smaller pond. That seems to be the case for Natalie, and I , for one, couldn't be happier for her.

I could agree more and I am, the perfect fit at the right time for Natalie. She will hopefully reap the rewards of her current successes--those seemed to allude her at Uconn. Leading her team is something I think Natalie enjoys doing, her experience at GT and UC make her a perfect leader for GM. Best of everything Natalie.

Reaction Score
Can she transfer back to UConn without redshirting? :)

Comparing her experience at UConn and now at GM--do you really think she'd consider returning? She's the BIG Dog at GM, and rightfully and properly earned. I'm proud of that Intelligent young woman..

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
UConn would be a significantly better team if she were still on the roster, especially since Azura seems to be foul-prone. If Natalie had been around to provide 15-20 minutes against Notre Dame, I don't think they would ever have led by more than a point or two.

But Batouly will probably have a better chance to develop without Natalie on the roster to soak up her minutes.

Reaction Score
Natalie will be drafted. I'm not sure if she'll stick though. It's not a done deal one way or the other. She could work her way to being a backup center for some amount of time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the WNBA, it often depends on finding the right situation. Nat could be a back-up center. I think she is more likely to succeed in Europe, but we'll see. She's big, has skills, and plays smart and hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom