More blessings for Gabby | The Boneyard

More blessings for Gabby

Reaction Score
Happy birthday Gabby! Question for anyone who may know, is Gabby short for Gabrielle?
Yes.

Gabrielle Williams Photos Photos: 2012 U.S. Olympic Track & Field Team Trials - Day 9

A Daily Journal From The 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials / Track & Field

EUGENE, Oregon By Dave Hunter, July 1, 2012

"Gabrielle Williams, a 15 year old from Sparks, Nevada, came into the finals as the current American age group record holder at 6' 1 ½". Displaying uncommon poise for a high school sophomore, Williams worked her way through the heights. And when faced with bar at 1.89m [6'2 ½"] she cleared it on her second attempt to tie the world age group record. Her grace under fire impressed the Queen. "When I first saw Gabby the other day, I thought she was a senior," exclaimed Lowe. "And I thought, 'Well, she still has one more hurdle to go: the freshman fifteen.' You know, the fifteen pounds that you gain as a freshman in college. Then I found out that she was only 15 years old and then I thought, 'Oh, no, she's going to be great.' She's absolutely going to be great," predicted Lowe. "She still has a lot of strength left. She just has to stay composed. All of us were out there supporting her. We wanted her to do well."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
C5097C98-581F-4550-A3B9-57F68BE8D725.png
This is what made me ask if Gabby was a nick name, but this is the 1st I’ve ever seen Gabby used as a nickname.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Gabrielle Williams Photos Photos: 2012 U.S. Olympic Track & Field Team Trials - Day 9

A Daily Journal From The 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials / Track & Field

EUGENE, Oregon By Dave Hunter, July 1, 2012

"Gabrielle Williams, a 15 year old from Sparks, Nevada, came into the finals as the current American age group record holder at 6' 1 ½". Displaying uncommon poise for a high school sophomore, Williams worked her way through the heights. And when faced with bar at 1.89m [6'2 ½"] she cleared it on her second attempt to tie the world age group record. Her grace under fire impressed the Queen. "When I first saw Gabby the other day, I thought she was a senior," exclaimed Lowe. "And I thought, 'Well, she still has one more hurdle to go: the freshman fifteen.' You know, the fifteen pounds that you gain as a freshman in college. Then I found out that she was only 15 years old and then I thought, 'Oh, no, she's going to be great.' She's absolutely going to be great," predicted Lowe. "She still has a lot of strength left. She just has to stay composed. All of us were out there supporting her. We wanted her to do well."

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby's God-given talent and work ethic are second to none. And UConn has seen some amazing players.

In high school hoops, Gabby was known as "Dragon." Does anyone know the origin of that nickname?

Here are some other names she goes by:

National Champion

All-American

National Defensive Player of the Year

Gabulous

Reaction Score
I don't think Gabby is short for anything. Go Gabby!

Jordy, is that the Mother of Dragons in the pic? Speaking of "short," she's barely 5' AND the King in the North is all of 5'6. That would make both of them shorter than ANY UConn Husky on the ladies' side--except possibly Crystal . . . If Kit Harrington becomes a leading man, he, like Alan Ladd, is going to need tiny co-stars . . .

Reaction Score
Gabby's God-given talent and work ethic are second to none. And UConn has seen some amazing players.

In high school hoops, Gabby was known as "Dragon." Does anyone know the origin of that nickname?

National Champion

All-American

Gabulous
You left a couple out:
Big Game Gabby
and
Born Again

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, is that the Mother of Dragons in the pic? Speaking of "short," she's barely 5' AND the King in the North is all of 5'6. That would make both of them shorter than ANY UConn Husky on the ladies' side--except possibly Crystal . . . If Kit Harrington becomes a leading man, he, like Alan Ladd, is going to need tiny co-stars . . .
Yes it is she and I would insist that you call her by her full name, "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons."

Or like Alan Ladd Kit could wear heels or have his leading ladies walk in trenches.

Actually Kit is a good 5'10", but so many on GOT are big, some outlandishly so, such that he seems small. The Mountain on the other hand (for those of you who are not Game Of Thrones fans) at 6' 9" and a reported 420 lbs. (!) could rest his energy drinks on my flattened head.

Reaction Score
Speaking of GoT.. I can't wait for Clegane Bowl! One of the best shows around. It has been an adventure watching.

Happy Birthday Big Game Gabby of House Williams, First of her name, the High Flyer, Queen of the High Post and underclassmen, Khalessi of the vegetarian sea, Breaker of Ankles and the Baller first named Dragon.

Long may she reign!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Speaking of GoT.. I can't wait for Clegane Bowl! One of the best shows around. It has been an adventure watching.

Happy Birthday Big Game Gabby of House Williams, First of her name, the High Flyer, Queen of the High Post and underclassmen, Khalessi of the vegetarian sea, Breaker of Ankles and the Baller first named Dragon.

Long may she reign!
A sweet chain of appellations for Ms. Gabulous. The Clegane Bowl! I've been waiting for the day Jaime puts a knife in his sisters throat. Have you watched from season one or have you recently played binge/catch up?

Reaction Score
I've been watching since season two. Everyone on my timeline were all over the moon about an episode. I started watching. Went back and finished season one. Then read a couple of the books. I am a big fan. I love the show. I hate that we have to wait so long for another season. I hate that Martin hasn't put out the final books.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes it is she and I would insist that you call her by her full name, "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons."

Or like Alan Ladd Kit could wear heels or have his leading ladies walk in trenches.

Actually Kit is a good 5'10", but so many on GOT are big, some outlandishly so, such that he seems small. The Mountain on the other hand (for those of you who are not Game Of Thrones fans) at 6' 9" and a reported 420 lbs. (!) could rest his energy drinks on my flattened head.

I don't believe I'm writing this. But where'd you get the 5'10? Google has Harrington at "Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m)," and that is more likely to be generous than accurate. Even at 5'8, Kit (also word for "uni" in Brit-speak) is still the shortest Husky save Crystal. His full name is "Christopher Catesby Harington." Enough of this. Better if you tell us who will inherit the Iron Throne.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

National Champion

All-American

Gabulous
I like to think of her as Wonder Woman.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't believe I'm writing this. But where'd you get the 5'10? Google has Harrington at "Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m)," and that is more likely to be generous than accurate. Even at 5'8, Kit (also word for "uni" in Brit-speak) is still the shortest Husky save Crystal. His full name is "Christopher Catesby Harington." Enough of this. Better if you tell us who will inherit the Iron Throne.
And another fanboy!

From my height everyone looks to be 5' 10" or better. I like to think of myself and everyone else around my height as "Napoleonic".

I've a feeling it'll be creepy Bran with Sam as his chief advisor.

Reaction Score
Seeing Gabby going over that 'High jump bar', backwards, is an inspiring way of getting , 'High' !

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom