More About Eveee Adebayo | The Boneyard

More About Eveee Adebayo

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How it all began in England and so other stuff.

StorrsCentral - A London calling: How Evelyn Adebayo found basketball, and UConn

“UConn was definitely a big thing,” Adebayo said. “Everyone wanted to go to or dreamt of going to it.”

“This is a dream -- beyond a dream because where I’m from, people don’t usually make it here so to be in a position to have this platform is something I definitely want to take advantage of and not take for granted.”

“When I came here for my visit, everything was so perfect. They were so welcoming and friendly, it was a no-brainer for me,” she said. “It just felt so natural and perfect honestly. Deciding to come here was the perfect decision and choice for me.”

PS. She has a fairly unique amalgamation of skills. I'm curious how she will be used and wish her great success.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know I’m old, but there are a lot of folks here older than me. I hope I last as long and keep my passion for UConn basketball too. I hate the way things are changing. I hope the BE is the right answer.

Reaction Score
Since for 99 percent of ones life Old is only in the mind of the beholder you are right. No OLD people here. As the man once said 90 is only a number and is the new 18 (if only in the brain).

Reaction Score
I hope that's not about UConn WCBB. This is a very good thing. UConn is pulling itself out of the scrap heap and after 6 years of it UConn WBB is as strong as it ever was. And there is a simple reason why:

6 FF's in the past 6 years. A scrap heap Louisville, Texas A^M , Miss St, even ND would like to be among. If your reference is not having a Big (sorry Meyers) that is effective I believe in the prudence of waiting to see. The potential, I'll agree, for this group is high.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Another article on Eveee's long and winding road. She's working hard to make her last year the best it can be.

After long, unusual path, Evelyn Adebayo thrilled to land at UConn

"She entered her name into the NCAA transfer portal and heard from UConn about a week later. For a longtime Huskies admirer, the decision wasn’t much of a decision at all. She was headed to Storrs as a graduate transfer.

" Adebayo prides herself on versatility, and UConn should benefit from not only her rebounding but also from her passing and her IQ.

“Evelyn, this is all new for her. It’s a whole different scenario for her, and it’s going to take her some time to catch up," coach Geno Auriemma said. "But she’s really good with the ball, so it won’t take long.”

Reaction Score
@Winlots: Just you and ME KID!!! I posted elsewhere: Maturity is overblown as a concept. It only works well for the young. Those past (ancient) 35 by some matter of years find the kid inside much more fun which adds to longevity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom