more AAC messaging... | The Boneyard

more AAC messaging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
College football fan rooting interest does seem to be deeply regional.

I've never been to a clam bake....oyster roast, yes.

Sounds good, I'll add that to my bucket list.

Reaction Score
George O'Leary is my new hero. He calls out the "power 5" because they are scared to play him, he demands home and homes, and he isn't afraid to say that after the top few teams in those leagues, "the rest of them are just collecting a paycheck, and they know that."

Reaction Score
it will be interesting to see the fallout of the P5 not scheduling or reducing the G5 or FCS... At some point, I wonder if you'll begin to have parity where the best schools have 2-3 losses and there is 2 or 3 in every conference.

Does an AAC school running the table get a nod over a 2-3 loss SEC team. Especially if it can get a win or two against a P5

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
it will be interesting to see the fallout of the P5 not scheduling or reducing the G5 or FCS... At some point, I wonder if you'll begin to have parity where the best schools have 2-3 losses and there is 2 or 3 in every conference.

Does an AAC school running the table get a nod over a 2-3 loss SEC team. Especially if it can get a win or two against a P5

Just saw this on ESPN but Kirk Ferentz (Iowa Head Coach) believes the B1G will move to 10 game conference schedules in the near future. They haven't even done 9 game schedules yet, but apparently this is something that B1G AD's discussed last year. I wonder how that would affect OOC scheduling for these teams.

Reaction Score
Just saw this on ESPN but Kirk Ferentz (Iowa Head Coach) believes the B1G will move to 10 game conference schedules in the near future. They haven't even done 9 game schedules yet, but apparently this is something that B1G AD's discussed last year. I wonder how that would affect OOC scheduling for these teams.

This has been talked about since the B1G expanded. As soon as the divisions were set, the West division schools began to complain about how they are losing games with the marquee teams (OSU, Michigan & Penn St) from the East.

Plus adding another conference game increases the total inventory of games. Depending on how the new national contract shakes out in 2016/2017 this would most likely give the BTN control of most of these additional games.

Urban Meyer & Brady Hoke said in their press conferences the other day that with the new playoff system supposedly rewarding strength of schedule they will be scheduling at least 1 Top 20 type program every year in addition to their conference games.

Ten conference games plus 1 Top 20 (read between the lines: P5) game leaves 1 open spot per year to schedule. The question then becomes do they schedule a bought game with an FCS (which Delany has said in the recent past they don't want to do) or do they schedule a G5 game. Ten conference games plus another P5 game may be a strong enough schedule to let them play an FCS game instead of a G5 school

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
College football fan rooting interest does seem to be deeply regional.

I've never been to a clam bake....oyster roast, yes.

Sounds good, I'll add that to my bucket list.

My Seafood Rankings

1. Crawfish Boil
2. Shrimp/ Low Country Boil
3. Oyster Roast
4. Clam Bake

I'd gladly go to any one of them, and when I do the last thing I care about is the food. It's all about the people and the drinks. But nothing beats a well put together crawfish boil.

Reaction Score
I think this is a huge problem both for us but also for college football. Conferences essentially only playing insular schedules means there really is no way to evaluate teams aginst other teams. The idea that you can schedule a Top 20 non-conference game is sort of silly too. There aren't that many other teams and it is unpredictable. If he means Michigan and Ohio State will schedule USC and Texas, that's fine, but what does that mean for Iowa and Minnesota? Who are BC and Iowa State going to play? o they could find themselves in the same position. They aren't top 20, s A 10-0 league schedule could mean that you are really good, or it could mean that you are the best of a sorry lot.

Reaction Score
I think this is a huge problem both for us but also for college football. Conferences essentially only playing insular schedules means there really is no way to evaluate teams aginst other teams. The idea that you can schedule a Top 20 non-conference game is sort of silly too. There aren't that many other teams and it is unpredictable. If he means Michigan and Ohio State will schedule USC and Texas, that's fine, but what does that mean for Iowa and Minnesota? Who are BC and Iowa State going to play? o they could find themselves in the same position. They aren't top 20, s A 10-0 league schedule could mean that you are really good, or it could mean that you are the best of a sorry lot.

Of course there are no guarantees when you are scheduling games years in advance but as I said in my post they will schedule games against other P5 conferences. If Michigan & OSU are playing USC & Texas then BC will play Iowa & Minnesota will play Iowa St.

My point is that additional conference games generate more money for the P5 conferences but it also effectively shuts out opportunities for G5 schools (i.e UConn) to play & win those types of games.

Just a continuation of the P5 conferences closing the noose a little tighter around the necks of the G5 schools

Reaction Score
Maybe we have Indiana and Illinois on the future schedule because we'll be in the B1G by then?!?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Maybe we have Indiana and Illinois on the future schedule because we'll be in the B1G by then?!?

Are those games home and home or are they just at Indiana and Illinois?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
F-2ku-93_reasonably_small.jpeg

Yes please.

Reaction Score
If the B1G has 10 conference games (which I'm in favor of to help preserve rivalries), I think the B1G will schedule one Power 5 team and one home game against a G5 team, usually from the MAC. That would rotate 6 or 7 home games each year. Top B1G teams will schedule top P5 teams. Bottom B1G teams will schedule bottom P5 teams. Ohio State vs Texas, USC, Alabama or a Florida State. Indiana vs Kansas, Colorado, Kentucky or a Wake Forest in a home and home agreement. With ten conference games, I see no scenerio where a B1G team plays an away game vs a G5 team unless it's a neutral site game in a fertile recruiting area as a possible exception. But I bet the B1G would mostly use that one game as the annual guaranteed home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom