Moral Victories | The Boneyard

Moral Victories

Reaction Score
So reflecting on the good things for this season:
  1. The season was exhilarating, as this new core-four played way above expectations, and played beautiful basketball that was a joy to watch. (And the core-four all return for next year.)
  2. Several players reached statistical milestones, are finalists for distinguished awards, and made All-America status.
  3. Geno Auriemma is Coach of the Year.
  4. Though their one loss happened at a bad time, UConn has the best record in D-I! I think Maryland is second with three losses, and everyone else has four or more.
That's my list. Additions?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just heard a great line in a movie last night that I was watching to distract myself: describing a cold ruthless businessman:
'He thinks morals are paintings on a wall and scruples are the currency in Russia'

So that is what you can do with your 'moral victories' which I assume are battle scenes painted on walls in wet plaster!Head bang:cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Additions?
Nope.
I would like to subtract items 1-4 though, since this concept is entirely foreign to me as it most UCONN WBB fans.

Reaction Score
This thread was supposed to be uplifting and to inspire other posts supporting the team and thanking them for a good year. Thanks for squashing it, you two crabs! (Hi, UcMiami. Remember me? Once again, you have taking an opposing position to my post. Do you search out my posts or are you this way with everybody?)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This thread was supposed to be uplifting and to inspire other posts supporting the team and thanking them for a good year. Thanks for squashing it, you two crabs! (Hi, UcMiami. Remember me? Once again, you have taking an opposing position to my post. Do you search out my posts or are you this way with everybody?)
You are welcome::D:D:D:D
2b4a8a774cee055b19f806bba637e817.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I gave your post a like, and then just made a joke. Which I signaled with my :cool:. Honestly, I had no problems with it and certainly agree with all your points. I just didn't have any to add to the list.

Reaction Score
So reflecting on the good things for this season:
  1. The season was exhilarating, as this new core-four played way above expectations, and played beautiful basketball that was a joy to watch. (And the core-four all return for next year.)
  2. Several players reached statistical milestones, are finalists for distinguished awards, and made All-America status.
  3. Geno Auriemma is Coach of the Year.
  4. Though their one loss happened at a bad time, UConn has the best record in D-I! I think Maryland is second with three losses, and everyone else has four or more.
That's my list. Additions?
The Game Threads for every game this season. It has been enjoyable sharing in the experience as each game unfolded. There are a number of regular contributors who provided instructive commentary in real-time. Helped make the games even better.

Reaction Score
I gave your post a like, and then just made a joke. Which I signaled with my :cool:. Honestly, I had no problems with it and certainly agree with all your points. I just didn't have any to add to the list.
Thanks. Didn't know what the little blue guy meant! I'm not up on the emoticons and didn't see the "like". :rolleyes:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I trust you have now discovered you can hover over them to see the "emotion"? Took me a while, too.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
We crowned four 1000 point scorers this year.

Also had TWO 20-point scorers for the first time in UConn history. By the way, Pheesa ended up on top: 20.7 to 20.2.

Reaction Score
Who could expect Miami to pass up a comic remark like that? I for one took it as pure opportunistic humor.

Reaction Score
I would add the class and grace with which Geno and the players brought to their post-game comments last night. That more than anything is what has helped me get over this loss.

Reaction Score
The Game Threads for every game this season. It has been enjoyable sharing in the experience as each game unfolded. There are a number of regular contributors who provided instructive commentary in real-time. Helped make the games even better.

Totally agree with this one! And for me, that includes the threads for some of the non-UConn games, such as the thriller in late January between Tennessee and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Saniya becoming the glue that held the team together was a joy to watch. I wish Gabby had screened William and we would all be talking about how Saniya got the last basket to win it.

Reaction Score
Bob Joyce as the voice of the Huskies on IMT radio. I followed pretty regularly his pregame show and post game. Listened to a few games all the way through without watching. Listened off and on to several games while trying to watch with the sound turned down (frustrating because of inability to maintain sync). As knowledgeable as anyone about the team, it's players, it's history. Great radio voice. A great play by play sports broadcaster. Can't wait to hear his call again in November.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom