Mora Introductory Press Conference- Saturday November 27th 10:30am Rentschler Field Club Level | The Boneyard

Mora Introductory Press Conference- Saturday November 27th 10:30am Rentschler Field Club Level

Reaction Score
Full email invitation:

-> Dear UConn Football Faithful,

The Huskies are home for the final time on Saturday, November 27th as they take on Houston at 12:00 PM, and we hope you will join us for a special day. We look forward to honoring the players, especially our seniors, who have shown incredible heart throughout a difficult season and are excited to welcome the next head coach of UConn Football, Jim Mora, for his first live press conference.

We invite you to join us for the press conference which will take place at 10:30 AM in the Rentschler Field Club Level*. If you do not already have Club tickets, we are offering special pricing for the day at $30. Tickets will need to be purchased in advance and are available at the link below as well as at www.uconntickets.com with the promo code CLUB21. Club tickets will grant you access to the club when it opens at 10:00 AM, and throughout the game.

At the conclusion of the press conference and media interviews, Coach Mora looks forward to meeting fans and supporters of the program before kickoff.

We hope you will join us at The Rent on November 27th for a memorable day for UConn Football. Let’s show the team our support and welcome Coach Mora into UConn Nation. Go Huskies! <-

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Checking to see which whiny poster(s) says this will detract from Senior Day.

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Why as a longtime season ticket holder and donor do I need to pay for access to this? I already have seats to the game. I don’t need to pay $30/pp to go to this in the middle of tailgating and have access to seats I won’t use.
You want to get people excited, hold this outside at the site of Husky Walk so that ALL have access and Coach Mora can experience what that is like.
And yes, I’ve already called the ticket office to express this same sentiment and my disappointment in these arrangements.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Hope he makes his way through the tailgates and introduces himself, like DB has done and Warde Manuel did. I've also had Geno stop by our tailgate and say hello. THAT is what gets you out there with the people who care about the program.

Reaction Score
This doesn't detract from Senior Day at all. What it does do is detract from tailgating. I will be too involved with my tailgate to breakaway to go to this.
What he said.... :D
Me thinks they fumbled the ball on this one but I could be wrong. Let's see, I have been getting many emails these days thanking me with praise for being a loyal and faithful football fan. My seasons tickets require a donation and I am fine with that but....

I met Randy 1.0 for free, Bob, Paul, and Randy 2.0 the same. The same with Hathaway, Warde and DB. Why in the heck would I want to pay 30 dollars to meet Jim? Just me but if I am going to watch a football game in a place where the team cannot hear me that would be at home. ;)
(DISCLAIMER ... I do get they had to do something to not pizz off the few that pay big bucks for indoor seating while catering to them.)

You want to get people excited, hold this outside at the site of Husky Walk so that ALL have access and Coach Mora can experience what that is like.
Badda bing badda boom!

Reaction Score
Why as a longtime season ticket holder and donor do I need to pay for access to this? I already have seats to the game. I don’t need to pay $30/pp to go to this in the middle of tailgating and have access to seats I won’t use.
And yes, I’ve already called the ticket office to express this same sentiment and my disappointment in these arrangements.
I think they're trying to get people like me involved again. Used to go to a couple games a year. Stopped when all my friends didn't want to go anymore.

But $30 for a box? And get to be at the press conference? I might just be going to my first game since 2018.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This doesn't detract from Senior Day at all. What it does do is detract from tailgating. I will be too involved with my tailgate to breakaway to go to this.
What he said.... :D
Me thinks they fumbled the ball on this one but I could be wrong. Let's see, I have been getting many emails these days thanking me with praise for being a loyal and faithful football fan. My seasons tickets require a donation and I am fine with that but....

I met Randy 1.0 for free, Bob, Paul, and Randy 2.0 the same. The same with Hathaway, Warde and DB. Why in the heck would I want to pay 30 dollars to meet Jim? Just me but if I am going to watch a football game in a place where the team cannot hear me that would be at home. ;)
(DISCLAIMER ... I do get they had to do something to not pizz off the few that pay big bucks for indoor seating while catering to them.)

Badda bing badda boom!

In a different thread, before Mora was announced at HC, I suggested (If HC hadn't been announced), UConn put out a press release saying UConn's new HC would be announced at end of game and would address crowd. Even said wait until after halftime to announce the coach so the players and coaches don't have to see the info until after the game.

At least one poster said that having a coach address fans or any coaching annnouncement on Senior Day would take away from the focus on the seniors. I felt that reaction was a bit much. Granted there's some nuance on the timing and how it's being handled, but I don't think anything about announcing a coach, introducing a coach or being forward looking on the 27th takes away from the Senior Day experience for the players, their families, or the fans.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is another way I look at it. There are a couple of thousand hardcores who have gone to games over the last 8 years knowing we couldn't win, but still paid for tickets and sat through that crap. And then this is how UConn rewards us. If anyone deserved to be in that room for free was the season ticket holder who stuck by the program when everyone else bailed.

Reaction Score
I’m in town and going to the game. Anyone want to hook a brother up?

Reaction Score
AND ... when Dave Benedict anchored himself to Mora and Idaho, do you think they were talking about the weather?

If it were me, I would want 2-4 guys working with me the first weeks. Is Spanos or Mazzone ... or other trusted longtime pros with Mora on Saturday. There's no way you start on a Monday making hundreds of calls and surveying the transfer portal alone. I suspect we begin to know the framework this weekend.

Reaction Score
If you believe the reports on the broadcasts Mora is already making calls.

Reaction Score
I am hopeful he makes rounds in blue lot before the presser. If he wants to address the real hardcore fans, we will be there when the lot opens. Wont be paying the $$ to go inside early during the last tailgate for 9ish months

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am hopeful he makes rounds in blue lot before the presser. If he wants to address the real hardcore fans, we will be there when the lot opens. Wont be paying the $$ to go inside early during the last tailgate for 9ish months
He’s been pretty savvy so far, so I actually wonder if he’ll do that. It seems counterintuitive to preempt your own event though.

Reaction Score
It'll be hard to see what else he need to discuss since, realistically speaking, he's been doing the introduction to the program thing for nearly 2 weeks already...

I hope when the formalities come on Saturday that he discusses who's riding along with him in particular (meaning his coaching staff).. That's pretty much it at this point.. Then all hands on deck in getting this team transformed... Should be a fun follow in the recruiting world on Twitter going fwd...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom