Mora’s Visibility | The Boneyard

Mora’s Visibility

Reaction Score
Anyone get the sense that Mora’s visibility outside the program has dropped considerably? Almost as if he knew that a year ago he had to win over the fan base and the team and now can focus more internally on a team. He was everywhere last year. Not so much this. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
His focus was recruiting that just had the final signing day last week. I don’t think he had a lot of free time. There is always an uptick in press and publicity w/ a new coach. That dies down over time. He was a new and interesting story last year.

Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong I think it’s fine Just that we haven’t heard much from him since the bowl game

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Did he have a press conference/zoom for the recent signing day? I don't think I saw one.

I agree with the OP...I was thinking the same thing...he seems to be laying low. Maybe he is waiting for the DC announcement.

Reaction Score
He came in hit the ground running. New exciting but really find that pace difficult to sustain year after year.

Reaction Score
Most kids are staying in a time when transfers are out of control, while getting P5 transfers into the program. I don’t care if I don’t see him until game 1 of the season if the kids are wanting to be playing for him. His sales pitch last year at this time has clearly paid dividends.

Reaction Score
Anyone get the sense that Mora’s visibility outside the program has dropped considerably? Almost as if he knew that a year ago he had to win over the fan base and the team and now can focus more internally on a team. He was everywhere last year. Not so much this. Thoughts?
Dude it’s the off season. Last year he was coming into a brand new program and had to start the rebuild and get his name out on day 1. Reporters answered his calls and were curious how his transition was going.

All his hard work last year paid off… people know his name and while UConn football isn’t a household name it was able to turn heads. I think we were a fun underdog in the country to root for. Not the same, but, similar to Kansas football last year. There’s still excitement for Mora but it ain’t fall yet.

Once basketball and hockey are over in April there will be more focus on Mora.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the strategy of offering all these local state kids PWO's.

Builds up fan base interest and gives the kids a chance to stay local and play. Beauty of a PWO is little to no expectation for making the two deep or playing much so if a kid pans out that's a great storyline but if they don't, no one is upset.

Reaction Score
Did he have a press conference/zoom for the recent signing day? I don't think I saw one.

I agree with the OP...I was thinking the same thing...he seems to be laying low. Maybe he is waiting for the DC announcement.

Do they still bother with signing day press conferences?

Once spring practice gets going I am sure we will get tons of Mora.

Reaction Score

Mora held a media conference call after the Early Signing Day (20 incoming scholarships) he did not hold a media conference call for the last 3 incoming scholarship transfers (Renwick, Mitchell & Porter)

Reaction Score
If you can get someone to play with out a scholarship then it is a plus. Sounds like they were trying to do that when recruiting Jackson Mitchell. With the transfer portal, there are more quality HS talent available since most schools are saving scholarships for transfers.

Reaction Score
Dude it’s the off season. Last year he was coming into a brand new program and had to start the rebuild and get his name out on day 1. Reporters answered his calls and were curious how his transition was going.

All his hard work last year paid off… people know his name and while UConn football isn’t a household name it was able to turn heads. I think we were a fun underdog in the country to root for. Not the same, but, similar to Kansas football last year. There’s still excitement for Mora but it ain’t fall yet.

Once basketball and hockey are over in April there will be more focus on Mora.
After baseball ⚾️

Reaction Score

Once spring practice gets going I am sure we will get tons of Mora.
It’s weird because they have two signing periods. The hoopla around signing day has gone away. I think it is a good thing .

Reaction Score
Yeah, that all-day ESPN(and others to be fair) February National Signing Day extravaganza was getting a bit much. Kids who haven't played one down in college ball having these nationwide media events where they put three different hats on the table in front of them and then pull a fourth out of their back pocket was just too over the top for my liking.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that all-day ESPN(and others to be fair) February National Signing Day extravaganza was getting a bit much. Kids who haven't played one down in college ball having these nationwide media events where they put three different hats on the table in front of them and then pull a fourth out of their back pocket was just too over the top for my liking.
….. And yet you watched

Reaction Score
He's focused on improving the team this years as last year he was improving drumming up interest as well as improving the team. He accomplished the interest part; improvement is a never-ending quest.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s a non event now.
So you don't think it would be interesting to hear Mora talk about the newest recruits? I would like to know why we recruited so many DBs. Are some of these players changing positions?

How are they going to get down to roster limits? Is UConn now able to go over 105?

I know we can wait until spring practice...but there are only a few times during the offseason where Mora can engage with the media and fans. Would have been nice to hear from him.

And before the hyper defensive jump on me for saying this....I'm not losing sleep over this....it probably doesn't matter....and I still love everything Mora is doing. It just would have been nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom